Switch gimbal wifi 2,4ghz transmitter board (DJIP3 Part 124)
1170 9 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riderson
lvl.1

Germany

Hello everybody,

For some reason my video and telemetry transmission board (DJIP3 Part 124) on the gimbal broke. It's probably because of a software update that went wrong...
I also have a P3 SE, and I was wondering, if I could just take its board and put it in to my P3 standard gimbal. Ive already tried switching the board and using the p3 SE antennas, I was only able to recieve the signal with the p3 se remote.  This is the attempt the gimbal motors worked, the camera worked, the sd card worked, it just sent the signal to my p3 se reciever obviously.

What I want though is to recieve the 2.4 ghz video and telemetry signal from the p3 standard on my p3 standard remote. Can I just use the P3 Se video transmitter board with the p3 standard 2.4ghz antennas? Or is it not compatible?

If the boards are not compatible, where  can I find the gimbal controller board specifically for the p3 standard? All I found were boards made for "all p3 models (DJIP3 Part 124)" and not just for a p3 standard.

2017-10-21
Use props
riderson
lvl.1

Germany

thats the youtube link to the video
2017-10-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The board you replaced has to be calibrated to the particular drone, camera.  Only DJI has the equipment to do this.
2017-10-21
Use props
riderson
lvl.1

Germany

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-21 10:13
The board you replaced has to be calibrated to the particular drone, camera.  Only DJI has the equipment to do this.

Is there any other way to fix that issue? Why do these boards get toasted when you update the firmware? Could just the antennas be the problem, not the whole board?
2017-10-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are you absolutely sure the old one was damaged by the failed update?
2017-10-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

riderson Posted at 2017-10-21 12:16
Is there any other way to fix that issue? Why do these boards get toasted when you update the firmware? Could just the antennas be the problem, not the whole board?

Updates do not physically damage boards, it must have been another cause.
2017-10-21
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-21 14:02

Ditto, just updated mine no problem.
2017-10-21
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmm, I'd cut me loss... And get a new bird. Cheers!
2017-10-21
Use props
riderson
lvl.1

Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-21 14:02

The original board works, the gimbal the camera the motors, everything is fine (the led was green). The only problem is, that I wont receive a 2,4 ghz video signal from the drone on to my remote.
When I tried updating the firmware again the update failed.
it might also be the remote that is broken, and not receiving the signal, but why does every firmware update fail on the phantom? how could I check if there is a siignal going out of the phantom?  
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to tell you that they are not compatible. As always, we do not suggest to take it apart as it may void the warranty, please consider to send it in: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules