Major crash & black screen - see pics......
768 7 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conks01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a novice/newbie and on my 4th flight the PS3 hit a tree at approx 40 ft and fell to the ground below.

Whilst the drone still flies OK and all motors are OK, the camera is now a tad limp. It fires up and almost steadies but it's kind of lop-sided a little. See pic.

The main problem is I now have a black screen on the mobile. Again see pic. It won't talk to the phone/controller.

Can somebody guide me as to what the possible problem/damage could be and what the cost may be to repair it.

Again could you advise whether I could carry out the repair ?

Thanks.

Camera

Camera

Black Screen

Black Screen
2017-10-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like yaw arm is bent pretty bad.   Flat ribbon cable is probably damaged also. They both can be replaced, I would begin there.

2017-10-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If it has crashed like you said it has then there is a check you can make.
First look closely at the ribbon cable that controls the camera and gimbal motors.
If you handy you may need to pull the gimbal plate off the drone get better acces but its quite possible that there may be damage to that cable or it is not seating in one or more of the connectors properly.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I would recommend you refer to the link below to contact the DJI Support, they'll start a repair case for you, then guide you to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. The drone needs to be evaluated after it arrives, then the repair center will send a quote to you. http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

One thing that I immediately noticed in the second pic above, four anti drop pins.

You really only want to be using two anti drop pins, keeping them in opposing corners.
Using four will make the gimbal too stiff, and you may also see a slight jitter in your videos.

Did your drone come with them four pins installed like that, or did you put the two extra ones in?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-22
Use props
Conks01
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-22 20:57
One thing that I immediately noticed in the second pic above, four anti drop pins.

You really only want to be using two anti drop pins, keeping them in opposing corners.

OK, thanks. The drone came with the pins as it shows. Are there any links/vids out there that can be recommended to replace the potentially damaged arm and ribbon cable?

Also is there a check list of potential faults that could have occurred so I can see what else is likely to have been damaged etc.

Many thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Conks01 Posted at 2017-10-23 04:21
OK, thanks. The drone came with the pins as it shows. Are there any links/vids out there that can be recommended to replace the potentially damaged arm and ribbon cable?

Also is there a check list of potential faults that could have occurred so I can see what else is likely to have been damaged etc.

I would remove two of those pins, first watching a video that shows how to remove them, without cutting them off, or potentially damaging your gimbal.

Yes, there are YouTube videos that explain the repair procedure you mentioned..

Have you tried to source any, already?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

here you go this is a good start the videos on this page should get you going  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=P3S+gimbal+arm+and+ribbon+cable+replacement+
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules