Calibrating MP with Assistant 2
1077 2 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just a quick question about DJI Assistant 2, went to calibrate the VPS on the Mavic, it connected fine, went into calibrate, window opened, Mavic is not outputting the red square to follow calibration procedures?

The reason is I got some "jello" in my videos today, this happened to me before and was able to cure it by calibrating IMU's, VPS & Compass, Tried calibrating the Gimbal and got "Gimbal Calibration Failed", flew it again and most of the video is OK, did get some jello at a higher altitude (150 ft.), below that the video is good.

It is not asking me to calibrate so I'm thinking it will not output the red frame as the Mavic isn't sensing that VPS calibration is required? Seems to me you should be able to calibrate anytime you want, or no?

Any Thoughts, or am I chasing something that is not required?

Any input much appreciated
2017-10-25
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Vibration board sitting where it is supposed to and all?
No warnings? other than gimbal...
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you can calibrate the VPS as you want. Please refer to the tutorial below and make sure that all steps are correct. Besides, I don't tend to think the jello effect is caused by the VPS system, since it only happens when the altitude is above 150 feet, would it be the wind that caused the gimbal shaking? Please check if the gimbal anti-drop hooks are all mounted well. Or please upload a sample from the drone's SD card to Dropbox for a further confirmation.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules