Standard gimbal dance
1969 6 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pasFbQO
New
United States

Any ideas on the cause? Replaced the flex cable, no go. The pitch motor gets extremely hot while this is happening
https://youtu.be/6G-QF5VgATk
2017-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL... Needs Prozac!  Check grub screw at top of yaw arm.   See if flat side of pitch motor shaft is level.
2017-10-26
Use props
djiuser_pasFbQO
New
United States

All that looks good.  Upon further investigation, seems all 3 motors are getting hot. But only the pitch motor is hot enough to nearly burn me.  I get video from the camera, but DJI go jumps back and forth from "normal" to "overloaded" under gimbal. I've read that the pitch control board seems to go bad easily, but wanted a second opinion before ordering one
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have the drone been crashed before? I would recommend you to send it in for repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-26
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

yip thats seen better days
2017-10-31
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Ryan's Sparky Posted at 2017-10-31 09:14
yip thats seen better days

The motors are hot because they are working harder than they are designed.
You may be able to fix this and there several good YouTube videos showing how to re-align the motor shafts. Since you crashed the drone you can opt to fix the gimbal yourself or send the it back to DJI for evaluation if you feel the crash was not your fault. Personally, I'd follow the first option because the gimbal can be fixed in a mater of minutes if you have the proper size screw driver.
2017-10-31
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was anything else damaged besides the flat ribbon cable?  I know you had a tough time getting it around camera shaft.  That's the most tricky part.
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules