Los Angeles based expert needed
813 6 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlobijan
New

United States

Greetings flyers!

Is there anyone out there who's based in Los Angeles? I recently found a junk Phantom 2 in the garbage so I picked it up brought it home. They still seemed to be in working condition, if I'm not mistaken. I know nothing about it, but I've always been interested in flying one. So I clicked the button in the battery, it seemed like it was still working, but it was low on charge. Looking at the propellers, they seemed to be intact but a little bit dirty. So is the body or frame of the machine. There is a wire at the bottom, where I'm guessing the gimbal or mount is supposed to be? I have no idea what that is for but it seems like it's still fixed? The remote isn't in the junk so I have no remote for it.

So is there anyone out there, most preferably from LA who can maybe take a look at it so I can have it fixed or tell me whatever is broken with it? Or is there a store that I can go to and have them check what things I should be for it so I can have it running again?

Thanks!

-Carlo
2015-4-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Carlo,

I know it might be a bit of a hassle but perhaps someone lost it and someone else picked it up and trashed it. You might want to see if you could put an ad up or something in your area letting people know you found it first. Maybe they'd give you a reward if they got it back. If it were mine, I'd give you a reward for finding it and I'd be very grateful for getting it back. Just something to think about.

Jerry
2015-4-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

you should try to find the owner.  it may have been a flyaway that someone found.

Pacific Coast Hobbies in Lomita can help you if you keep it.
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

This brings to mind a good reason to do this....which I need to do

2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-16 01:33
This brings to mind a good reason to do this....which I need to do

I just have a "Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx" on mine. If I were a bad guy and I saw that sticker it might just piss me off. JMHO!

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

ya, the sticker is good but for the threat.  many folks will smash it to bits when they see THAT.

DJI:  similar lost & founds have been reported:  all have serial numbers..  why not be proactive for us, your customers, and  put a

'lost&found" tab on your home page?    be the FIRST in your industry to offer such good service??!
2015-4-15
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

wonder what happens if he logs in to the system and attaches that bird?
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules