Battery charging through USB power bank?
4766 8 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alternate View
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25013 ft
United States

Hello all. I wrongly assumed that Mavic air batteries can be charged using USB power bank but looks like it cannot (due to higher voltage requirement). I am curious if anyone got any creative solutions for charging batteries without having to plug into the wall or car charger.
2018-2-4
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

How’s this -

2018-2-4
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

Yeah that may be the only way is a battery pack with an AC outlet. There a few on Amazon that are pretty good value. I personally bought one from the company Omnicharge (the Omni20) when the hay a kickstarter. It’s an incredible battery pack to have. If you have the money, it is worth it to have a pack that has AC and maybe even DC output.

2018-2-4
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

They only have connectors for the MP and the MPP right now, but I will bet that they will have them for the MA soon.. Try

https://myenergen.com/power-on-your-life/dronemax/

Designed for Drone batteries.  

Watch   For a review and explanation.   
Or:  

2018-2-4
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Someone will come out with a way to use the 12V battery charger circuitry on the Mavic battery side, with a USB-PD or QC3 circuit on the power bank side so you can charge batteries from a USB-C or QC3 power bank.  Just have to wait for the firms to put some out to market.  Then you can forget about big battery packs that have AC outlets on them.
2018-2-5
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Awesome, I'm looking for the same setup but how many charges does that give your Mavic Air batteries?
2018-2-15
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Airwater Posted at 2018-2-15 19:04
Awesome, I'm looking for the same setup but how many charges does that give your Mavic Air batteries?

Well, hate to disappoint, though I am very disappointed myself, but this doesn’t look to be the way forward.

From a fully charged RAPower 27000mAh PowerStation (100W), showing 8 LEDs, I fully recharged one MA battery (1 LED showing)  in 45 minutes. However the RAVpower was down to 37% charge remaining, so not enough to recharge a second battery. As expected, tbh, the process of DC to AC to DC is too costly in energy waste. It’d be cheaper and quicker to buy more MA batteries.

However, should DJI be able to implement recharging by USB C then that’s a different kettle of fish, as I have another RAVpower unit with USB C 5v - 20v output which would be ideal. But that’s another story.
2018-2-17
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
United Kingdom

That's appalling. There's a post from a guy who charges x2 Mavic Batteries from a Omni Charge 20 which only has 20,000mah so it makes me think that someone is wrong with what they are reporting from their testing.
2018-2-17
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Like here for example using a same capacity charger the Sherpa 100: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... vic-batteries.9246/

Curious what would happen if you repeat the test...cannot believe it can be that inefficient.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules