Mavic Air Flights over Water
2230 6 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans06189c61
New
Flight distance : 11978 ft
United States

Hey - Just bought my mavic air and am heading on Vacation soon to the Cayman Islands. I have never flown over water before and would like to get some tips from other pilots on what you all personally do to prepare. I've seen someone stuff about turning off VPS but have also heard to keep VPS on and just turn off landing protections because VPS will keep your mavic stable for shots! WHat do you guys do to get the best shots while keeping the drone safe?
2018-2-13
Use props
fans09283efb
lvl.1
Canada

https://www.amazon.com/Mavic-WAT ... rds=mavic+air+water
2018-2-13
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i flew through a few batteries on the lake last year chasing my boat and my friends being pulled on a tube.  Only difference I noticed was the terrain was nice and flat.. and the drones can really boogy.  way too much fun.  so for me, the only thing i care about is that the drone is in the air.. i don't care what is under the drone.
2018-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flying very low over water VPs can get confused because of moving water, to my knowledge you cannot turn VPs off on Mavic Air , although I’m not 100% on this.
It would be quite safe to fly over water but I would go much below 15 metres, I have flown with VPs on and have had no problems.
2018-2-13
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I also fly many tmes over water with no problems at all. After a certain hight, say above 10-15 meteers vps does not make a difference in any case.
I use active tracking to chase my boat also and no problems at all.
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

I didn't know about not flying over water, I've flown the Phantom 4 over water a few times without drama, but I did notice the Air seemed to drop height during a short hover while very low over my local river.  Nothing sudden, just a height instability downwards, you might say.  Second time up it flew low over salt water, that was the next day - still no issue. Being a boat owner (former) and a lifetime fisherman I'm drawn to water by my very nature, so I'll probably be the first one to lose his bird in the drink.
2018-5-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 544222 ft
Romania

you need to turn of VPS on water under 15m...or it will fly away
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules