THAILAND | KRABI Epic footage
735 25 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hey everyone I’m very excited to share my videos recorded only with my iPhone X, edited with iPad Pro and all aerial shots taken with Spark.It showcases the sheer beauty of a country like no other, Thailand. I’ve tried to share some tips on where to go and what to see and more importantly show people who have never been there what they are missing out on so they can start packing their bag and go :p

My channel is updated on a weekly basis and the last part of the Thailand/Singapore  series will be uploaded in a couple of days.

Please subscribe for more amazing content, tutorials and tips on the way in the next few weeks covering how to make the best out of the DJI SPARK and also how to edit and colour grade as well as the best workflow when using only iOS ecosystem.

Thank you, take care, ciao ciao. Seb x

PART 4

PART 3

PART 2

PART 1

2018-3-25
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

I feel you on the travel aspect of taking the spark all over!

Great footage!!!... I have just returned from asia myself and have so much video to edit now.
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

warubikku Posted at 2018-3-25 01:50
I feel you on the travel aspect of taking the spark all over!

Great footage!!!... I have just returned from asia myself and have so much video to edit now.

Story of my life haha lucky I have a 512gb iPad Pro that could handle the weight of hundreds of files lol hard to keep up with the editing whilst away on location and on holiday haha slightly getting there with only on last final part due for upload in the next couple of days on my channel good luck with your editing and looking forward to watching the result
2018-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice footage!
2018-3-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW! That's awesome!     
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-25 02:30
Very nice footage!

Thank you really appreciate
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-25 02:45
WOW! That's awesome!

Thank you
2018-3-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pleasure - I love Thailand! Your footage brought back many great memories!   
2018-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-25 03:30
Thank you really appreciate

You're welcome.
Always to see such beauty
2018-3-25
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

hi seb, nice vids.i will be in Thailand myself in around two weeks (Khao Lak) and i'm thinking of taking my spark...tell me did you obtain the relevant permits to fly your drone in Thailand or did you just chance it ??
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2018-3-25 05:44
hi seb, nice vids.i will be in Thailand myself in around two weeks (Khao Lak) and i'm thinking of taking my spark...tell me did you obtain the relevant permits to fly your drone in Thailand or did you just chance it ??

To be honest I chanced it after reading lots on forums and what not. It apparently takes forever to get the paper work back from the 2 main bodies and can take up to 3 or 4 months and I didn’t have that time to wait for it. But I’m a very sensible person when it comes to flying the spark and I never fly it where people are or near vehicles or traffic so I just got out of the crowded places and kept far away from any police or national park guards as Thailand is now plastered with NO DRONES signs everywhere fines are up to 1000bahts (£20) so I just chanced it... in return I got some absolutely stunning footage and I’m glad I did take the drone with me. I will not encourage people to do what I did but it’s my own experience anyway :p hope it helps and yeah Kho lark is meant to be stunning so can’t wait to see what footage u come up with if you need any ideas or any tips with your drone don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel as I’m about to make a series special about workflow, editing, colour grading, cinematic shot manoeuvres for the spark  and much more
2018-3-25
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-25 06:07
To be honest I chanced it after reading lots on forums and what not. It apparently takes forever to get the paper work back from the 2 main bodies and can take up to 3 or 4 months and I didn’t have that time to wait for it. But I’m a very sensible person when it comes to flying the spark and I never fly it where people are or near vehicles or traffic so I just got out of the crowded places and kept far away from any police or national park guards as Thailand is now plastered with NO DRONES signs everywhere  fines are up to 1000bahts (£20) so I just chanced it... in return I got some absolutely stunning footage and I’m glad I did take the drone with me. I will not encourage people to do what I did but it’s my own experience anyway :p hope it helps and yeah Kho lark is meant to be stunning so can’t wait to see what footage u come up with  if you need any ideas or any tips with your drone don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel as I’m about to make a series special about workflow, editing, colour grading, cinematic shot manoeuvres for the spark  and much more

thanks for your response..i'll take mine and chance it..yeah i'll find your channel and subscribe i'm always open to advice
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2018-3-25 06:22
thanks for your response..i'll take mine and chance it..yeah i'll find your channel and subscribe i'm always open to advice

Not an expert myself just lots of practice, experience and a different approach to a lot of videos out there so I thought I’d help out and share my views and ideas with others

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpjrzlMNX5lhk2xuTCXQjg
2018-3-25
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-25 06:32
Not an expert myself just lots of practice, experience and a different approach to a lot of videos out there so I thought I’d help out and share my views and ideas with others  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpjrzlMNX5lhk2xuTCXQjg

already found it and subscribed seb
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2018-3-25 06:37

Oh yeah just got the notification
2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2018-3-25 06:37

Well stay tuned got another video to upload in the next couple of days the last one of the Thailand Singapore series and then I’ll start work on the tutorials thank you
2018-3-25
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

good video!

2018-3-25
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dj_dread Posted at 2018-3-25 10:28
good video!

Thank you
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thailand is absolutely worth to have a visit, people are nice and the islands are so beautiful, I prefer Similan Island, thanks for sharing with us.
2018-3-25
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Thailand

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-25 06:07
To be honest I chanced it after reading lots on forums and what not. It apparently takes forever to get the paper work back from the 2 main bodies and can take up to 3 or 4 months and I didn’t have that time to wait for it. But I’m a very sensible person when it comes to flying the spark and I never fly it where people are or near vehicles or traffic so I just got out of the crowded places and kept far away from any police or national park guards as Thailand is now plastered with NO DRONES signs everywhere  fines are up to 1000bahts (£20) so I just chanced it... in return I got some absolutely stunning footage and I’m glad I did take the drone with me. I will not encourage people to do what I did but it’s my own experience anyway :p hope it helps and yeah Kho lark is meant to be stunning so can’t wait to see what footage u come up with  if you need any ideas or any tips with your drone don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel as I’m about to make a series special about workflow, editing, colour grading, cinematic shot manoeuvres for the spark  and much more

Hi, where did you get the information about 1000 bath when flying without permission? I have only found the information that they are serious with fine at 40.000 - 100.000 bath and even prison up to 5 years. Maybe I'm foolish, but I left my dronws at home for this reason
2018-3-26
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-25 19:20
Thailand is absolutely worth to have a visit, people are nice and the islands are so beautiful, I prefer Similan Island, thanks for sharing with us.

Hey I really wanted to go see simian island but even tho it’s a stunning gorgeous place unless you’re staying on the east coast it’s very far to get there and for the most part you’re travelling to get there and only spend a relatively short time there. Also the national park guards are also hot hot hot on drones there and even big youtubers didn’t manage to take off with their drones as get spotted before they had time to even get in the air. It’s one of the most policed national parks out there. On top of that because it’s classed as one of their most precious national parks they had to close some of the islands off so nature can work it’s magic and recover from the thousands and thousands of tourist who have damaged the surroundings. Same is about to happen to maya bay I believe and to be honest they need to as it’s just too crowded and damage has been done !
2018-3-26
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

derider Posted at 2018-3-26 00:30
Hi, where did you get the information about 1000 bath when flying without permission? I have only found the information that they are serious with fine at 40.000 - 100.000 bath and even prison up to 5 years. Maybe I'm foolish, but I left my dronws at home for this reason

The NO DRONES sign posts themselves say 1000 bahts fine. That is I suppose from the national park officers themselves. The fine if you were caught by actual police officers anywhere else without any legit paper work would be what you say tho.
2018-3-26
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-26 00:47
The NO DRONES sign posts themselves say 1000 bahts fine. That is I suppose from the national park officers themselves. The fine if you were caught by actual police officers anywhere else without any legit paper work would be what you say tho.

all worth knowing..thanks again
2018-3-26
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-26 00:47

I happen to have caught one of those NO DRONES signs on video whilst going for a hike up a mountain and so make sure to watch the video (should be released in the next day or so) and you’ll see what I’m talking about :p
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sebastien DW Posted at 2018-3-26 00:45
Hey I really wanted to go see simian island but even tho it’s a stunning gorgeous place unless you’re staying on the east coast it’s very far to get there and for the most part you’re travelling to get there and only spend a relatively short time there. Also the national park guards are also hot hot hot on drones there and even big youtubers didn’t manage to take off with their drones as get spotted before they had time to even get in the air. It’s one of the most policed national parks out there. On top of that because it’s classed as one of their most precious national parks they had to close some of the islands off so nature can work it’s magic and recover from the thousands and thousands of tourist who have damaged the surroundings. Same is about to happen to maya bay I believe and to be honest they need to as it’s just too crowded and damage has been done !

You are right, it's too far away and the island is not allowed to fly the drone, what a pity, I really wish to see the whole island from the air, thank you for posting the amazing shot here, looking forward to more great footage from you.
2018-3-27
Use props
Sebastien DW
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 01:10
You are right, it's too far away and the island is not allowed to fly the drone, what a pity, I really wish to see the whole island from the air, thank you for posting the amazing shot here, looking forward to more great footage from you.

Thank you for the kind comment and yeah I would have loved to have some great shots of simian but hey ho who knows in the future :p for now stay tuned to my channel the last part of my Thailand Singapore series of video will be out tomorrow at some point... edit done, colour grading to go
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules