Phantom beeping loudly
12833 10 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drshoemakerdo
New

United States

Hello,

I have only flone my phantom 2 one time. No problems, flew great. Today I tried to connect my phantom 2 to my PC. I installed the WIN driver, phantom 2 assistant software v3.8 (which by-the-way said it was phantom 2 vision when installing - not sure why; I guess its the same software) and Phantom RC assistant software v1.2. Rebooted. Plugged in the drone via micro USB to USB and powered on. Then I opened the assistant. It offered an update to the firmware. I accepted. The drone then started beeping VERY loudly without stopping. After a few seconds an alert came up that the upgrade failed. I powered down the drown and disconnected. Now whenever I power on the drone it immediately begins the very loud beeping.  After a little while it turns into a double beep. After a little longer it turned into a triple, then a quadruple beep. The gimble periodically moves around. I swapped batteries, same thing. I tried connecting to the computer while this is going on. The computer does not recognize it. What is going on? Please help.
2015-5-7
Use props
danrok
lvl.1

Jersey

As far as I can tell, the Assistant application is the same for both versions Vision and Vision+.

Mine beeped repeatedly after I successfully flashed it with the new firmware, and worked fine after a restart.

Try flashing it again, if that's possible. Not something I have tried myself.
2015-5-7
Use props
drshoemakerdo
New

United States

danrok Posted at 2015-5-8 07:28
As far as I can tell, the Assistant application is the same for both versions Vision and Vision+.

M ...

What do you mean flash it? My computer does not recognize it now when I plug it in via USB...
2015-5-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

When you have it plugged in to the computer, if you look in the device manager do you see anything that says unknown device?  If so, uninstall and reinstall the win driver. Battery on the Phantom fully charged? I was looking at another thread, similar issue and it turned out being a bad battery. Another thread said turn on the RC hold the throttle down while powering on the phantom.....Im grabbing at straws here but there has got to be a fix.
2015-5-7
Use props
drshoemakerdo
New

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-8 07:53
When you have it plugged in to the computer, if you look in the device manager do you see anything t ...

When I plug it into the computer, the computer does seem to recognize at all that anything is plugged in. I checked the device manager and everything looks okay, no indication of unrecognized device, error or anything (looks identical to when nothing is plugged in). The battery is fully charged, and I also tried with my other battery - no difference. I tried to power it up with RC throttted down, but that didn't do anything. It will not fly or respond to the RC at all. Just keeps beeping. I noticed that one of the props twitches ever so slightly with each beep...
2015-5-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

drshoemakerdo@g Posted at 2015-5-8 08:11
When I plug it into the computer, the computer does seem to recognize at all that anything is plug ...

You may have a bad ESC. You may want to contact DjI support for your options.
http://www.dji.com/contact
2015-5-7
Use props
drshoemakerdo
New

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-8 08:17
You may have a bad ESC. You may want to contact DjI support for your options.
http://www.dji.com/c ...

I fixed it! Here is a thread to another forum describing the exact same issue but with Phantom 1.

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2184

The video they link to is for the Phantom 1, but it fixed their problem.

I did exactly as the video instructed except for the Phantom 2 software and I ignored the default parameters file (I think that's a phantom 1 thing); and it worked!

2015-5-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Continuous beeping is letting you know the upgrade failed. Start over. Delete the assistant software from your PC then go to DJI  and download the correct version for your quad. Reload it and the driver then plug in to your plane and then do the upgrade again. So if that will fix it for you.
2015-5-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

drshoemakerdo@g Posted at 2015-5-8 08:24
I fixed it! Here is a thread to another forum describing the exact same issue but with Phantom 1. ...

Very good! Go fly!
2015-5-7
Use props
danrok
lvl.1

Jersey

drshoemakerdo@g Posted at 2015-5-8 07:44
What do you mean flash it? My computer does not recognize it now when I plug it in via USB...

Flashing is the process of erasing and writing to the memory chip that stores the firmware.  Usually known as flash memory (non-volatile memory).
2015-5-8
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-8 07:53
When you have it plugged in to the computer, if you look in the device manager do you see anything t ...

Raybro..

Thanks, I am a new user and the hold the throttle stick down tip saved the day for me. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
2015-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules