pc assistant has stopped working windows 7
1563 6 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zsteve
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Today I needed to connect my phantom 2 to my Windows 7 ultimate pc to update a newly installed iosd.
Pc assistant started up then almost immediately  a windows notifacation popped up stating the assisamt had stopped working. the only option was to click close.
I uninstalled to assistant software and also the windows driver software. I ran Regedit and manually removed all references to dji. I then ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry and while I was at cleaned out all temp files. Restarted PC.
Re-downloaded all the latest software from dji.
Reinstalled the windows driver and also Assistant 3.8
Ran assistant, it asked for my login details, I entered my login details and also checked remember me. As soon as assistant presented update news a windows pop up alert again saying assistant had stopped working and the only option is to click close.
I have been battling with this issue most of the afternoon to no avail.
I have yet to install the H3-3D gimbal.
I am now stuck and have pulled out all my hair.
Does anyone have a fix?

2015-5-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First thing  I would do is to make sure my Windows 7 was up to date and had the latest updates and patches. Then I would right click on the assistant icon and run in administrator mode to see if that get you up and running. Hope this helps.
2015-5-11
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Try and do windows system restore to earlier date - say 30 days back, and see if it works. It is posible to installed something that conflict with the DJI software.
2015-5-11
Use props
zsteve
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for replies. I am running windows 7 64bit ultimate, it is fully up to date. I have already tried running in admistrator mode. I have not tried a roll back yet, i will let you know if that fixes the issue.
2015-5-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

are you running any anti virus software that could be preventing the driver from running? You could run msconfig and disable startup items (except DJI drivers) and non-Microsoft services. Reboot and try the assistant again.
2015-5-15
Use props
sherrylester.ho
New

United Kingdom

same problem here did u find a fix ?
2015-8-11
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

You may also have to go to the device manager and delete the USB driver and restart the Windows. It will automatically install the latest USB driver. Then go to DJI and get then assistant Windows driver and install it before loading the assistant software. Should fix your problem.
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules