Red (Front) Lights
634 7 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim_Nickerson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Canada

Has anyone had the problem of the front lights going out after take-off ??? The lights and everything is fine while sitting on the Heli pad, then about 30 seconds into the flight, the front lights turn off ... the quad is  a DJI P4 Standard, completely up-dated with the latest firmware and there are no flying issues other than the lights ... the two rear lights are blinking slowly as expected, but the front lights extinguish unexpectedly ... is this happening to anyone else, as my other 3 DJI Drones, a mavic platinum, a P3 standard and a P3 4K continue to work fine after up dates ... thank  you
2018-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Do you have them turned off within the app?

Try reinstalling the app?

RedHotPoker
2018-6-30
Use props
Jim_Nickerson
lvl.1
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-30 10:37

Thank you for a speedy reply, and no, the app has everything at the correct settings, the front lights are turned on, and they are on during take-off, but go out after 30 to 40 seconds into the flight with a freshly charged battery, 17 satellites connected and good to fly GPS mode ... I have not found this issue addressed here in the forums ... 8)
2018-6-30
Use props
Jim_Nickerson
lvl.1
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-30 10:37

Thank you for a speedy reply, I had not considered re-installing the app as it works quite well with my P4 and the only issues encountered so far are that the front lights go out after 30 to 40 seconds into a flight with a freshly charged battery and great connection between the quad and the controller ... If the problem persists I will have to consider re-installing the app ... thank you for the suggestion 8)
2018-6-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

This one is unusual.  Did it start after an update?
2018-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Jim_Nickerson Posted at 2018-6-30 11:08
Thank you for a speedy reply, I had not considered re-installing the app as it works quite well with my P4 and the only issues encountered so far are that the front lights go out after 30 to 40 seconds into a flight with a freshly charged battery and great connection between the quad and the controller ... If the problem persists I will have to consider re-installing the app ... thank you for the suggestion 8)

Yes, a refresh of your app may help alleviate this anomaly.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It is not that simple that it goes off when you start recording and back on when stopping, just as they might turn off shortly when shooting a picture?
If the above match, it is a setting in the app and it does it to not have low light recordings spoiled by the red light.
2018-7-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Jim_Nickerson Posted at 2018-6-30 11:08
Thank you for a speedy reply, I had not considered re-installing the app as it works quite well with my P4 and the only issues encountered so far are that the front lights go out after 30 to 40 seconds into a flight with a freshly charged battery and great connection between the quad and the controller ... If the problem persists I will have to consider re-installing the app ... thank you for the suggestion 8)

I would agree with KedDK, check the camera settings, the front red LEDS can be set to switch off when recording video or photos. If it's a bit dark the lights can cause red reflections on images.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules