Phantom 4 controller firmware/fpv issue
649 13 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

I bought a refurb Phantom 4 about a week ago and I was having the fpv issue were the video feed is glitchy and green and pixelated. Last night I was reading up on it and I read something that said to go into the dji go app go to the 3 dote that when you click it it pops up with academy and stuff but hold it for 10 seconds instead and then connect to the controller and downgrade the firmware. I ended up downgrading it to phantom 3 pro firmware and now I can't upgrade it and the controller keeps beeping.
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device and SD card you are using?
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-3 08:57
Hi, Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device and SD card you are using?

I am using the stock SD card and a Moto g4 for the device
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that you are having this issue on your DJI Phantom 4. I recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended mobile for the DJI Phantom 4 for reference.

2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-3 09:50
Hi. I am sorry that you are having this issue on your DJI Phantom 4. I recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended mobile for the DJI Phantom 4 for reference.

[view_image]

I will get an iPad at some point but I spent almost all my money on the drone so it's going to be a few months especially since I really need to get a better laptop as well
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the response. Be sure to check the latest recommended mobile device for your Drone before you buy a device to be sure that the device is compatible with the Drone.
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-3 10:02
Thank you for the response. Be sure to check the latest recommended mobile device for your Drone before you buy a device to be sure that the device is compatible with the Drone.

Alright I will definitely do that but is there anything I can do for now
2018-7-3
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Buy a rehab online.  (Amazon, ebay etc )   I got a nice one without cellular and use it only for P-4.   
Never had a prob.    iPad air I think is best on a budget

Worse things happen @ sea
2018-7-3
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

did you try turning down the quality of the video being transmitted to your mobile device?? That may help with your video feedback. airplane mode and all apps off...good luck
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

Odan Posted at 2018-7-3 12:11
Buy a rehab online.  (Amazon, ebay etc )   I got a nice one without cellular and use it only for P-4.   
Never had a prob.    iPad air I think is best on a budget

That is what I plan to do but for an iPad air 2 they are over 200 used or refurbished on eBay but I need to pick up a better laptop for editing on the go
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

proimages Posted at 2018-7-3 12:23
did you try turning down the quality of the video being transmitted to your mobile device?? That may help with your video feedback. airplane mode and all apps off...good luck

On the last flight I made sure to close out of all apps but I don't know how to turn down the video feed quality I am also wondering how to update the controller firmware because I downgraded it to far
2018-7-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN Posted at 2018-7-3 13:57
On the last flight I made sure to close out of all apps but I don't know how to turn down the video feed quality I am also wondering how to update the controller firmware because I downgraded it to far

Check the build levels in 'About' in 'General settings' menu. If your aircraft is at V2.00.0700 then the RC needs to be at V1.9.3, otherwise you will see FPV video problems.

To upgrade RC (if needed), try the following:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

Edit :- with the aircraft firmware V02.00.0700 the RC must be updated to V1.9.3 for RC to communicate with aircraft correctly.
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-3 14:55
Check the build levels in 'About' in 'General settings' menu. If your aircraft is at V2.00.0700 then the RC needs to be at V1.9.3, otherwise you will see FPV video problems.

To upgrade RC (if needed), try the following:-

Thank you guys I updated the controller firmware to the latest version and turned down the quality of the video feed and everything works now. I was even able to get some shots of lighting off fireworks
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_glqRqpikR8nN Posted at 2018-7-3 09:38
I am using the stock SD card and a Moto g4 for the device

We are glad that it is working now. Just let us know if you have other concern.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules