Red solid front lights, Green flashing rear lights
5101 7 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneJay
New
United States

Hello,
Newbie here. Just rec'd my refurb'd P4 today, 7/5/18.
Started everything up. Updated firmware, refreshed twice.
The lights on the front of the quad are solid red and the lights on the back are flashing 2 short burst of green, repeatedly.
Is this correct?
My controller works and will sync with my Samsung G4. I know I need a larger pad.
I thought the P4 needed calibrated, but it's not showing it in the app.
I recalibrated the video sensors via the DJI Asst 2, this didn't resolve the issue.
I'm able to fly the quad outside a little. I didn't do much, I didn't want it to return to "Vyger" (DJI HG) all of a sudden.
I've been through multiple tutorials on DJI website and on Youtube to no avail.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
DroneJay.
2018-7-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That means it's good to go.
2018-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You've read your manual, right?  It's a good idea to get answers like this from the manual that was written for your specific Phantom, because the answers sometimes vary depending on what model you have.  By checking the manual for your specific Phantom, you'll know for sure what is happening.  Good luck.
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

The manual can be downloaded from Here, a good page to bookmark, everything you need to support the P4.
2018-7-5
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Those green lights are a life saver....After I lift off I just hover for 45-50 seconds and watch those lights.   
I've had some minor glitches so I land shut down a/c and restart......This has always cleared any probs.
So....learn what they mean and watch them always.....
Some of the best learning you will do is by reading threads on this forum....Take some time to learn what caused trouble with drones...

Happy flying dude.
2018-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, your description sounds accurate.

Add Lume Cubes to your drone and you can customize those LED’s.

Enjoy your drone, and time well spent while on the forum. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-7-5
Use props
DroneJay
New
United States

To "Mark The Droner" - Point taken. I just finished it and found the information. I didn't look there first because I did not receive one with the P4 and didn't look for one on-line.
To Aardvark - Thank you for the link. It contained the info I was looking for.

Thanks again,
DroneJay.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. If the remote controller's LED indicator is solid green, that means it's good to go. If you don't see any message asking to calibrate your drone, that's fine. We highly suggest also to use one of the mobile devices that are listed on our website to ensure safety: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules