Video record time/break
552 3 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sprockerpeg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Being very new to drones I am probably asking a very simple question. Can anybody explain why my Mavic Air breaks video recordings into 4min 51sec sections. After each break it seems to contnue with no apparent break in the action. ie a 12 minute recordingwill download as 2x 4min51 & 1x2min18. Many thanks.
2018-8-9
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If I remember right, the MP breaks video up by size, not time duration. So depending on the resolution of your video, the time will be different. I want to say the default setting is 2 GB/video, but don't quote me on that as I haven't got my MP in front of me right now.
2018-8-9
Use props
sprockerpeg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-9 08:10
If I remember right, the MP breaks video up by size, not time duration. So depending on the resolution of your video, the time will be different. I want to say the default setting is 2 GB/video, but don't quote me on that as I haven't got my MP in front of me right now.

Thanks for your help Paul.   I have checked file size of some 4.51 videos and they are 3.76GB so 4GB in round terms for the MA.  Hopefully should be able to string together with editing software.
2018-8-9
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

No problem at all. I think I actually ran into this too when I first started shooting video. Thought I was toggling the video switch and causing separate files to be created.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules