go fly not working
4488 25 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kamran1965
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42920 ft

Hello everyone I did an update that was asked and after that the go fly does not respond at all. I went online and did follow with all of the pros and did the reset to factory and update with sd card and again update online with DJI and no hope, now my drone is out of order for over amonth. such a investment over $3000 on drone and equipments and it is seating on the floor. Any idea what I should do? Help
2018-8-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Firstly, contact the reseller you bought the drone from and ask how to fix the issue. If that's no option for any reason, contact DJI customer service and ask how to fix the issue. Be prepared for long wait on phone or for e-mail response. The conversation will likely result with advice to send the drone for evaluation by nearest DJI repair facility ...
2018-8-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wondered why you have waited this long to ask for any assistance here, on the forum?

Glad you are here now... good luck getting the drone back to flight ready order...

RedHotPoker

2018-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is Go Fly, oh wait, is that the blue button to get into dji go flight screen?

Have you updated the app? if not, see if it needs doing,
Log out and log back in,
Have you done the in app questionaire yet?
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. May I ask if you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Also I'd like to know the mobile device where you downloaded the app? We're here to help you with this and please don't hesitate to reach us if you have more concerns. Thank you.
2018-8-17
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1
United States

I have changed the main board top of the camera inside and have done all kind of update possible, all of the colors. I had the drone control and no video or the app GO FLY was not opening. That is why I tried with the main board changing. Now I do not have even the drone control. This sucks for spending over $3700 of my money and invest on a experimentation product from China
I have no idea what is all this for??!! why is that BBB is not getting to this company and stop the import of this brand to US customers? I am sick and tired of keep updating and doing and spending all this money.
Is that normal?
I do not know and do not want to send my investment back to china and again spending money for shipping and wait months to have it back.
Please someone help.
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1
United States

The red light next to the SD slot was blinking fast 3 times before, now the green light is continuing blinking. I did the update and connected the remote to the drone to have the drone being updated. Nothing absolutely nothing is going on. Only now the GO FLY app opens and no image comes from the drone camera.
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-16 19:32
Wondered why you have waited this long to ask for any assistance here, on the forum?

Glad you are here now... good luck getting the drone back to flight ready order...

Hey thanks for your help.
2018-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-5 13:20

If you create a repair ticket, DJI will send you a free shipping sticker...

RedHotPoker
2018-10-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-5 13:20

Kamran

First off,   your sentence structure is very difficult to follow.  Slow down, and think about what you are trying to say........

What exact Drone are you talking about?

What exact DJI GO app are you trying to use?

How did you spend $3000 ?  Then state it is $3700?..... For $700 you can buy an entire new Drone Only!!!

Why would you start replacing "main boards" without first returning defective equipment to DJI?  assuming this is a DJI Drone.

PLease answer, as these were very confusing from the above posts.......and Where in the United States are you?

Randy
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-5 14:25
Kamran

First off,   your sentence structure is very difficult to follow.  Slow down, and think about what you are trying to say........

Hi, I do have a Phantom 4 pro plus. I did buy this drone in April of 2016. The seller was on Ebay.  The warranty  is usually for one year. I  had the drone package with the remote DJI that has its own display($2690). When I received the drone, I realized that one battery was not enough. I got 3 extra batteries that was about $230 each. Then I got the l
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-17 04:26
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. May I ask if you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Also I'd like to know the mobile device where you downloaded the app? We're here to help you with this and please don't hesitate to reach us if you have more concerns. Thank you.

The app is inside the remote display. It is one of the remote that has the display from DJI.
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

Kamran

Thanks for letting me know that I am getting crazy on this issue. It is a P4P+
GOFLY is basically the blue sign at the bottom left on my display. When I click onit, it will take me to the camera screen.  I already did talk chat and email with DJI techs. Had all kind of solution offered. Even loaded the update on a SD card and put it in the drone to do the update. Changing the main board was offered on the Drone Pilots forum. I do fly this birdy in the heat of Florida. The fan is not always cooling the electronic composants at the best with this weather. So my logic was telling me the option of having a bad board was possible. From April of this year I had no chance to fly it any more. Would you be happy? Money wise YES almost 4K. easy to add extra batteries for $230 each plus waterproof skin, high efficient LED light spots, waterproof case, carbon fiber 2 blades impellers, multi battery charger, carbon fiber camera protection bar, ETC.  
2018-10-5
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

Kamran

By the way sorry for my English vocabulary level, I will be better in French.
2018-10-5
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow $230 for battery.... $169 on dji website and amazon...

2018-10-6
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-5 19:18
Thanks for letting me know that I am getting crazy on this issue. It is a P4P+
GOFLY is basically the blue sign at the bottom left on my display. When I click onit, it will take me to the camera screen.  I already did talk chat and email with DJI techs. Had all kind of solution offered. Even loaded the update on a SD card and put it in the drone to do the update. Changing the main board was offered on the Drone Pilots forum. I do fly this birdy in the heat of Florida. The fan is not always cooling the electronic composants at the best with this weather. So my logic was telling me the option of having a bad board was possible. From April of this year I had no chance to fly it any more. Would you be happy? Money wise YES almost 4K. easy to add extra batteries for $230 each plus waterproof skin, high efficient LED light spots, waterproof case, carbon fiber 2 blades impellers, multi battery charger, carbon fiber camera protection bar, ETC.

accessories do add up quickly. I've got about $2400 in just one of my P4P+ and then editing 4k footage..well that's a new puter $$$$$   But damn it is fun....

2018-10-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-5 19:07
The app is inside the remote display. It is one of the remote that has the display from DJI.

Thank you Kamram,  I understand there's no warranty.

We all appreciate you helping us understand what, where, when etc......

It may do you well,  seeing if there is an authorized dealer in your area.  My local dealer was very fair in dealing with an issue I had recently.  Getting your drone worked on can very much put you back in the air WAY sooner, than by replacing possible bad parts.  They can check over and give you a quote pretty quickly.

Please give it a try!!

Randy
2018-10-6
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

Edward J Smith Posted at 2018-10-6 07:53
wow $230 for battery.... $169 on dji website and amazon...

They use to be that price back when all was brand new came out to the market.
2018-10-6
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-6 11:40
Thank you Kamram,  I understand there's no warranty.

We all appreciate you helping us understand what, where, when etc......

Thanks for your help all. I will get to the local dealer.
2018-10-6
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

I got to find it out and once I fix my problem, I will let you all know. Have a good night drone flyers
2018-10-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>

I hope it all works out!!
2018-10-8
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1

Hello to all of the drone user, I got my drone fixed. Finally after 6 months. I have done too many replacement of parts and the final was the main camera cable!? YES that was my problem that the remote was not going to the application GOFLY. I have replaced the cable taking 1.5 hours and that was it. The strip is so fragile that it can get cut at any of the exposed area, I am glad that I could figure it out and do it myself. I am officially a drone repair tech. I had the first crash by touching the electrical cables right in front of a house going backward brok the landing gears that are also the GPS receivers. Had the main board replaced and now had the camera cable replaced.  I am flying back YES. Have a good night and thanks to all of you for helping.
2018-10-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great to hear you have it all fixed and that you are back in the air!!  

Thank you for the update!

Randy
2018-10-23
Use props
fans711d7324
New
Flight distance : 204970 ft
Mexico

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-5 13:17
The red light next to the SD slot was blinking fast 3 times before, now the green light is continuing blinking. I did the update and connected the remote to the drone to have the drone being updated. Nothing absolutely nothing is going on. Only now the GO FLY app opens and no image comes from the drone camera.

The sames is happening to me right now. I will keep reading hoping you got a solution.
2020-7-17
Use props
fans711d7324
New
Flight distance : 204970 ft
Mexico

Kamran1965 Posted at 2018-10-23 15:58
Hello to all of the drone user, I got my drone fixed. Finally after 6 months. I have done too many replacement of parts and the final was the main camera cable!? YES that was my problem that the remote was not going to the application GOFLY. I have replaced the cable taking 1.5 hours and that was it. The strip is so fragile that it can get cut at any of the exposed area, I am glad that I could figure it out and do it myself. I am officially a drone repair tech. I had the first crash by touching the electrical cables right in front of a house going backward brok the landing gears that are also the GPS receivers. Had the main board replaced and now had the camera cable replaced.  I am flying back YES. Have a good night and thanks to all of you for helping.

Awesome,  the thing is, I live in Mexico. There are only two repair centers. Thanks for the info.
2020-7-17
Use props
Kamran1965
lvl.1
United States

fans711d7324 Posted at 7-17 14:53
Awesome,  the thing is, I live in Mexico. There are only two repair centers. Thanks for the info.

You should give a try to repair it yourself, I am already in it.
I did everything so far by myself and could only find Best Buy that is expensive.
I would end up paying 3 times more because of the labor cost a lot.
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules