Charging my android from controller
558 6 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David R
lvl.1
United States

This issue seemed to be addressed a few months ago with no solution being offered.  Is there a way to keep my android phone or tablet from being charged by the RC while in use? This seems to drain the battery of the RC much quicker.  Both phone and tablet are fine on their own.  Are there setting on the RC that I can go to in order to fix this issue, or is this something that has to be done by a firmware update?   One other issue.  Your database for airports in my area are way off.  I am over 7 miles away as the crow flys from Sanford Airport, however each time I use my drone in my yard, it says I am inside the 5 mile NFZ.  Please address this issue.  Yes I am very new to this entire thing, but did my research for such issues before ever placing a battery inside the drone.  Thank You
2018-11-27
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

The charging issue is apparently an ANDROID issue.  Some discussions have indicated the DJI can't fix it as it is OS related.  There have been suggestions that it can be fixed in some fashion if the Android device can be rooted.

There have been a number of complaints about the new NFZ restrictions.  
2018-11-27
Use props
David R
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 11-27 10:21
The charging issue is apparently an ANDROID issue.  Some discussions have indicated the DJI can't fix it as it is OS related.  There have been suggestions that it can be fixed in some fashion if the Android device can be rooted.

There have been a number of complaints about the new NFZ restrictions.

Thank you, could you direct me to rooting phone solution, I have no problem altering my phone.
2018-11-27
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

David R Posted at 11-27 10:37
Thank you, could you direct me to rooting phone solution, I have no problem altering my phone.

Sorry I only know some folks have posted rooting might be able to address the issue.  I've never rooted an Android device and having Blackberry Android devices - they can't be rooted anyway!
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, David R. Thank you for your feedback. The reason for this concern is it was related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the Charging mode. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-29
Use props
David R
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 14:32
Hi, David R. Thank you for your feedback. The reason for this concern is it was related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the Charging mode. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for the information
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

David R Posted at 11-29 15:59
Thank you for the information

You're most welcome. We highly appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules