748 8 2019-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Just had a nasty almost flyaway experience.
I have six batteries, three of which (I have marked them and am starting  to Keep record to prove/disprove my theory) always produce a yaw error in the flight log.
My other three never give yaw errors.

Today I was flying and as expected - got a nasty yaw error where the spark just did it's own thing again. I initiated RTH and it looked like the spark was going to land in the water so I cancelled RTH and safely flew it back to me.

I fitted another (unmarked) battery and the flight record was perfect.

Thus my theory - the battery must have something to do with the yaw error.
The flight record is at: Yo
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6YRA3RZW19L01HKNN68E/
I would be interested to hear your oppinion.

Thanks

Yaw YO

Yaw YO
2019-3-31
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Just a selfie  

2019-3-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Droffarc,

Don`t think so,  max cell deviation 45 mV.
During flight cells did not drop below 3.7.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-3-31
Use props
fansfdd34672
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49652 ft
United States

My spark battery detached from the drone mid flight. TG no one was hurt or any RVs at the park were damaged either. The battery is broken now and the drone appears ok but scuffed up. I am really careful with it and was shocked to see this fault failure. Is this common? What fixed can DJI recommend? I am not going to fly this drone again knowing this may fail again. Please advise.
2019-4-11
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

fansfdd34672 Posted at 4-11 07:28
My spark battery detached from the drone mid flight. TG no one was hurt or any RVs at the park were damaged either. The battery is broken now and the drone appears ok but scuffed up. I am really careful with it and was shocked to see this fault failure. Is this common? What fixed can DJI recommend? I am not going to fly this drone again knowing this may fail again. Please advise.

I have over 30 hours flying 3 different sparks and NEVER have I had a battery fall out/off or detach itself.
In fact I must use a little muscle to undo the latches to get the battery off when changing - and I have 6 batteries.

I can only think that either there was a batch that was a little faulty in the latch area or they were not attached properly.
When attaching a battery I always give it a tug down and backwards to check that it is snug.
2019-4-11
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

BTW JJB*
Yesterday I flew with all three suspect (marked last as involved in a yaw flight) batteries and did not even get one yaw!
Yaw, not one!
I did get a cell notification (yellow) on one battery but otherwise the flights were magic!

So there goes my theory about the yawing batteries - out the proverbial window without a yaw!
2019-4-11
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

I also do not think the batteries could cause a yaw issue but I wondering if you fly in sport mode?
2019-4-11
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

No idea if Batteries cause YAW Errors...  BUT...  I have noticed my Spark will hover almost perfect and as the battery level drops under 30% the hover becomes a little more unstable than when it had full power...  Just something I have noticed with my Spark..
2019-4-12
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

BMelody Posted at 4-11 15:16
I also do not think the batteries could cause a yaw issue but I wondering if you fly in sport mode?

No sport mode needed. I mostly hover for photos.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules