1933 4 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VDMakwana
lvl.1

New Zealand

Advise needed please

On my DJI Go 4 app, on the top left corner, it says "IMU Calibration Required"
And the "Calibrate IMU" button to start the calibration flashes RED  ( I guess this means calibration is in POOR condition as per the app)

After pressing "Start" button, it hangs on "Calibrating. Please wait." (front lights stay SOLID RED, and rear lights stay SOLID GREEN during the calibration process) for 5 to 10 minutes with NO or VERY LITTLE bar moving (may be 1% to 5% max) and then it fails with below error
IMU 1: Calibration Failed: Cannot calibrate at Current Temperature (Error Code - 13)
Drone front lights stays SOLID RED, and rear lights starts FLASHING in RED when it fails
Sometimes app keep speaking "Atti Mode" during the calibration
So far I have tried:
- Different solid, firm and accurate surfaces - Indoor: Carpet, table, kitchen benchtop | Outdoor: Concrete patio
- Different temperature zones: Indoor: 15C, 20C, 25C | Outdoor: 10C, 5C, 0C
- Tried DJI Go 4 app on 2 x different iPhones, and 1 Samsung Galaxy
- Upgraded firmware to the latest
- Reset factory settings back to original using DJI Assistant 2 software on PC

2019-6-6
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

You need to watch the picture of the drone in the app. As it flips, you need to keep turning the drone to match the image. Be sure you have a level surface you're working on.
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day VDMakwana. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video on how to properly calibrate DJI Spark's IMU. Please try to follow this process and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-6-7
Use props
VDMakwana
lvl.1

New Zealand

MarkMN Posted at 6-6 13:55
You need to watch the picture of the drone in the app. As it flips, you need to keep turning the drone to match the image. Be sure you have a level surface you're working on.

Thanks for your reply Mark - really appreciated, and I know about turning/flipping the drone. But the issue is, it hangs on 1/6 processes, and gives an error on the very first step.
2019-6-8
Use props
VDMakwana
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 09:13
Hello and good day VDMakwana. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video on how to properly calibrate DJI Spark's IMU. Please try to follow this process and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8

Thanks for your reply Stephen - really appreciated, and I have watched this video. You know how fast it processes at step 1/6! Mine just hangs at first step and after a while, it gives an error.
2019-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules