My Gimbal Is Messed Up!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markiemark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27598 ft

United States

The gimbal on my Phantom 3 Advanced seems messed up.

When I turn the power on, the gimbal is rotated about 35-degrees down on the left side.  Occasionally when I turn it on, the gimbal will keep moving and I will get a gimbal overload message.

I think this is because one time I accidentally turned on my AC when I still had the gimbal guard on in place. Arrggghhhh...

At first, I could use the "Auto Calibrate Gimbal" function and it would return it to level.

But now it seems like when I use the Auto Calibrate Gimbal function, it gets it close, but not totally level. If i do three or four successive gimbal calibrations, it feels like it is almost level.

Any thoughts?

I happen to have a "spare" P3A body that I crashed. It looses connection with my transmitter, but I think the camera / gimbal is still good on it. Do you think I can just swap the gimbal from the spare P3A with my other P3A and that will solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day markiemark. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said gimbal; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY repair on the said drone. To avoid additional damage and this can void the warranty of the drone as well. Thank for your support.
2019-6-11
Use props
markiemark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27598 ft

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-11 08:57
Hello and good day markiemark. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said remote controller; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY repair on the said drone. To avoid additional damage and this can void the warranty of the drone as well. Thank for your support.

Thank you for the reply. After I click on the link to the support page, which link am I supposed to click to open a ticket???
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

markiemark Posted at 6-11 09:32
Thank you for the reply. After I click on the link to the support page, which link am I supposed to click to open a ticket???

You are very much welcome markiemark. On the support page you may clink the REPAIR SERVICES TAB then choose ONLINE REPAIR REQUEST for you to be able to created a case or a ticket for your drone.
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules