RC signal and video transmission lost- Mavic Mini
11310 24 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhanu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47379 ft
Myanmar

Tried to fly more than 10 times and RC signal getting loss frequently and video feedback freeze. Tried even in a playground but the result is the same. This happen when reaching more than 20m in height and within 80m in distance. Does this is a product issue or software one?
2019-12-25
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

I have the same issue! Tried going manual and 2.4ghz and nothing changed! There is something seriously wrong with the signal
2019-12-25
Use props
Dhanu
lvl.1
Myanmar

tshansen Posted at 12-25 05:29
I have the same issue! Tried going manual and 2.4ghz and nothing changed! There is something seriously wrong with the signal

yea I also switched between manual and Auto. So I guess this is not only my product issue. So what will be the solution.<<<?
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try refreshing the firmware of both the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. In addition. I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 and an official DJI tutorial video for the said process. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-25
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 09:37
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try refreshing the firmware of both the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. In addition. I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2 and an official DJI tutorial video for the said process. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo

Just did a refresh of the firmware on the mini and the controller! Did a quick hover test and no warnings, will take if for a longer flight tomorrow morning! Keeping my fingers crossed
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are these the same range and connection results in every location you fly ?
2019-12-25
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

I get the same thing. Very poor connectivity.
2019-12-25
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

tried flying in airplane mode?  (4G, Wifi and bluetooth all disabled).  See if that helps
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

tshansen Posted at 12-25 11:06
Just did a refresh of the firmware on the mini and the controller! Did a quick hover test and no warnings, will take if for a longer flight tomorrow morning! Keeping my fingers crossed

Hi. Thank you for the additional information.  Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2019-12-25
Use props
eddyk123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9337 ft
New Zealand

I thought I was the only one having this issue. Frozen video transmission and frequent loss of transmission with Samsung S7. Tried flying without the phone this afternoon and the remote controller only works fine.
I don't get a live video from the drone, still only. Latest firmware on drone and controller. Will keep following this thread. Thanks
2019-12-25
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

I was also having give or take the same problem, couldn't make it fly more than 100 meters. I just refreshed the softwares in both drone and RC via Assistant2 program. If this doesn't work too, I'll be thinking that the CE version is far more underpowered than the needed.
2019-12-25
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Well, yesterday i updated, or refreshed the firmware on my Mavic Mini and my controller. I live in Norway. The Drone performed MUCH better today. I tried 50 meter high, 100 meters high and 200 meters high and all went smooth out to 1000 meters. Tried to go behind a little hill and lowered the drone... got a little bit choppy picture but no "signal loss" warning.
The auto mode picks 2.4ghz transmitions in auto now, not only 5.8ghz like before the refresh. So i hope this was just a bug in the firmware. Will stresstest it some more tomorrow and see if i can make some video wile i do it. Will keep you posted
2019-12-26
Use props
Dhanu
lvl.1
Myanmar

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 09:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply. Will try this way and keep you update.
2019-12-26
Use props
Dhanu
lvl.1
Myanmar

tshansen Posted at 12-26 11:25
Well, yesterday i updated, or refreshed the firmware on my Mavic Mini and my controller. I live in Norway. The Drone performed MUCH better today. I tried 50 meter high, 100 meters high and 200 meters high and all went smooth out to 1000 meters. Tried to go behind a little hill and lowered the drone... got a little bit choppy picture but no "signal loss" warning.
The auto mode picks 2.4ghz transmitions in auto now, not only 5.8ghz like before the refresh. So i hope this was just a bug in the firmware. Will stresstest it some more tomorrow and see if i can make some video wile i do it. Will keep you posted

Hope mine will be also solved after an update.
2019-12-26
Use props
Rossosat
lvl.2

Italy

is the CE version or FCC version?  
2019-12-27
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Back again, been doing some more flying today. It is way more stable and it dont look like the airplane mode on the phone makes any difference to the signal. I have strong solid signal up to 1km away in normal conditions. Tried to stress test my drone in between some houses where i know there is alot of mixed wifi signals. No problem as long as i keep line of sight to the drone, if i try to fly behind buildings standing a couple of 100 meters away. I lose signal, but that is fine. When it's better weather again, i will try to see if i can go 2km out and still have strong signals. but i need to drive a while to a remote location to do this.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dhanu Posted at 12-26 20:15
Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply. Will try this way and keep you update.

You are more than welcome. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

tshansen Posted at 12-27 05:37
Back again, been doing some more flying today. It is way more stable and it dont look like the airplane mode on the phone makes any difference to the signal. I have strong solid signal up to 1km away in normal conditions. Tried to stress test my drone in between some houses where i know there is alot of mixed wifi signals. No problem as long as i keep line of sight to the drone, if i try to fly behind buildings standing a couple of 100 meters away. I lose signal, but that is fine. When it's better weather again, i will try to see if i can go 2km out and still have strong signals. but i need to drive a while to a remote location to do this.

Interesting results thanks for sharing.
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

eddyk123 Posted at 12-25 21:41
I thought I was the only one having this issue. Frozen video transmission and frequent loss of transmission with Samsung S7. Tried flying without the phone this afternoon and the remote controller only works fine.
I don't get a live video from the drone, still only. Latest firmware on drone and controller. Will keep following this thread. Thanks

When you fly with only the RC, you are kind of flying "blind" you don't have the fly app to interpret what is going on with the mini so it basically doesn't know certain things.

You might try refreshing the firmware as described here and see if that helps when flying with your phone connected to the RC.
2019-12-27
Use props
eddyk123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9337 ft
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 12-27 10:46
When you fly with only the RC, you are kind of flying "blind" you don't have the fly app to interpret what is going on with the mini so it basically doesn't know certain things.

You might try refreshing the firmware as described here and see if that helps when flying with your phone connected to the RC.

Hi all. I have uninstalled the Dji Fly app and reinstalled. The no live video issue has now been fixed. Perfect video signal in the few flight i have flown. Happy it is working now. Thanks for the help
2019-12-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

eddyk123 Posted at 12-27 12:29
Hi all. I have uninstalled the Dji Fly app and reinstalled. The no live video issue has now been fixed. Perfect video signal in the few flight i have flown. Happy it is working now. Thanks for the help

Good news indeed. Glad you got the issue solved!!
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_haP0bQgyequB
New
Flight distance : 9242 ft
India

Solution: update OR refresh your firmware of mavic mini & RC respectively via DJI assistant 2
process : download the DJI assistant 2 desktop app from DJI official website, install it and connect your mavic mini , once you connect it with your system via usb cable you soon get the mavic mini popup option in top right corner select it and than select update OR refresh firmware from there , let the process to be done 100% , repeat the same process with the RC also
you have done..!
-from INDIA
2020-3-8
Use props
Kokobey
New
Flight distance : 126667 ft
Turkey

I bought my mini last week.. ı also tried everything manual auto iphone ( plane mode) 2.4 ghz 5.8 so on but nothing changed ..200 meter is the limit..hi from istanbul turkey
2020-5-13
Use props
Kokobey
New
Flight distance : 126667 ft
Turkey

I bought my mini last week.. ı also tried everything manual auto iphone ( plane mode) 2.4 ghz 5.8 so on but nothing changed ..200 meter is the limit..hi from istanbul turkey
2020-5-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

always useful

For the MM you have to be careful and pick your frequency manually if you want to fly further away. You should ignore most local strong signals because they're most likely to become weaker and overshadowed by other signals with distance which will be more powerful, the best signal is the one that can reach the drone further away, not necessarily the best for your local environment (where you power up your drone and AUTO selection takes place).
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules