506 11 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rags7_Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29990 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hello Everyone  

I've recently lost my second drone in just a few months. Learning from my earlier mistake I had put Battery warning and RTH at 35% . I was flying my MAvic Air from the park near my flat, ( completely open with no obstructions) . As soon as the battery warning came on the flight was automatically put on RTH.
Unfortunately , as usual , the Mavic Air had huge connection issues , and I had no control via remote to my drone , and it was completely irresponsive. I had put my trust on the RTH, and at 20% the drone decided to perform emergency landing. I could hear the drone, but was unable to see . I had no visual on my phone and had no control .
It's only been a few weeks since I got the Mavic Air.
Can anyone help
We looked for days at the GPS site but did not find the drone.

a. Clearly this was an error on the drone, Will DJI help
b. Can any of you help me identify the location or give me helpful insights

Thank you in advance

this is the log file

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B1ZC8U7X6CS16KROS9GG

2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"a. Clearly this was an error on the drone, Will DJI help"

No, unfortunately for you it was not a drone error. All throughout the flight you were receiving error messges that you seemed to have ignored. At 11m 32s you were given the warning: "The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.", which you chose to ignore. At that point the battery was down to 31% and you were 1,894 feet away from home. At 11m 41 s you still have not tried to return home, so the aircraft decides it will do so anyway. But the aircraft is flying at 820 feet above the ground, well above the level you should be flying at. At 13m 30s the battery is down to 19% and the aircraft is still 820 feet up in the air. It continues to land until 15m 49s, and most likely landed in one of those trees. Then, more likely than not, it was stolen.

"Unfortunately , as usual , the Mavic Air had huge connection issues , and I had no control via remote to my drone , and it was completely irresponsive."

I suggest you need to read the manual for the aircraft more thoroughly before you buy another drone, if in fact you do, because from what you say, you have a very poor understanding of how it operates. It was not "irresponsive", it was in self-preservation mode and you did not give it any help to get home.

2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39022 ft
Philippines

Hi someone can help me? I lost also my drone (Mavic Mini) last December 21, 2019 and still can't find it. I can't control my drone you can check my flight log. Will DJI replace my drone? error is not enough force/esc error and can't control on my remote.
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-3 01:27
Hi someone can help me? I lost also my drone (Mavic Mini) last December 21, 2019 and still can't find it. I can't control my drone you can check my flight log. Will DJI replace my drone? error is not enough force/esc error and can't control on my remote.

do start a new thread and post you log on there.
2020-1-3
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10533717 ft
Canada

I would strongly suggest that you read Geebax's reply to you,  it makes sense.
2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 1-3 01:52
do start a new thread and post you log on there.

Hi, I can't post new thread here.
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Landing position >9.96529300 / 76.28881400

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

khrizny22mac Posted at 1-3 02:03
Hi, I can't post new thread here.

Can`t you use the button on the Main screen top right?
analysis1a.png
2020-1-3
Use props
khrizny22mac
lvl.2
Philippines

JJB* Posted at 1-3 02:08
Can`t you use the button on the Main screen top right?

Hi I already post the new thread. Thank you for helping.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident and thank you for sharing your informative insights on what happened. I would recommend for you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter.  Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your valued support.
2020-1-3
Use props
Rags7_Drone
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Geebax Posted at 1-3 01:20
"a. Clearly this was an error on the drone, Will DJI help"

No, unfortunately for you it was not a drone error. All throughout the flight you were receiving error messges that you seemed to have ignored. At 11m 32s you were given the warning: "The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.", which you chose to ignore. At that point the battery was down to 31% and you were 1,894 feet away from home. At 11m 41 s you still have not tried to return home, so the aircraft decides it will do so anyway. But the aircraft is flying at 820 feet above the ground, well above the level you should be flying at. At 13m 30s the battery is down to 19% and the aircraft is still 820 feet up in the air. It continues to land until 15m 49s, and most likely landed in one of those trees. Then, more likely than not, it was stolen.

I'm sorry but your understanding of the situation is not completely correct.  
Which warnings did i ignore ,?
That there is strong interference? I've been getting these ever since I've bought the Air, on every flight.  And yes, I've recalibrated and done everything the guidelines says.  
If as per your tour advise i brought the drone back, i wouldn't have been able to fly it at all
2020-1-3
Use props
Rags7_Drone
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

JJB* Posted at 1-3 02:05
Hi,

Landing position >9.96529300 / 76.28881400
[Image]

Thank you so much for taking your time.  
I'll try and look again.  
Do you think it's in one of the trees. Just before landing i had one visual of a sign board but the strange and sad part is that we saw nothing similar to the sign board in the area where the gps coordinates showed
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules