Critical Battery Level - Landing!
1064 7 2020-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans652d92ac
lvl.1

Canada

I was flying my Mavic Air Yesterday. I flew it in the mountains for about 5 minutes and landed. All good so far. Found a great location higher up so I pulled it back out.
****4 things occurred:

1- My controller started beeping non-stop before the first flight. I finally got it to stop after turning it on and off a few times. *flew anyways since all the rest loooked good.

2- On my second flight my Air did not want to start despite bringing both sticks down and in. Battery level was at around 60%. All seemed good but props not starting.
3- It then stated Battery Temperature Warning (below -15 degrees)  *it took off after a few tries though. I let it hover about 30 seconds to be sure.

4- It flew out to about 200 feet away and the I got the CRITICAL BATTERY LEVEL Warning... it started to land! I throttled up in Sports Mode and it ascended so I brought it back to land... sooo scarry!

Do you think this is because of the cold battery? If it were to have gone down... it was over a valley with trees. No way to get it back. I am assuming my battery, which was in my backpack during the hike was very cold and not sending current to the Air.

Thank-you for any input.
2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Battery is below the recommend operating temperature this may affect the performance of the said battery. I will be posting an official DJI video tutorial for more details about the battery temperature. Thank you.
2020-2-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans652,

As Paladin has indicated, very low temperatures most definitely affect the Mavic Air and other DJI product batteries.  Paladin will help you out further with that video tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-7 14:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Battery is below the recommend operating temperature this may affect the performance of the said battery. I will be posting an official DJI video tutorial for more details about the battery temperature. Thank you.

Aloha Paladin,

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rather than guessing what happened, post your recorded flight data and you'll be able to see what your battery cell voltages were doing during the flight.
2020-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cetacean Posted at 2-8 01:59
Aloha Paladin,

Mahalo for the help!

You are more than welcome and I do apologize the video link did'nt show on previous post. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying always.

2020-2-10
Use props
Trapez
lvl.2

Poland

Hi, when we are talking about battery level, I had situation like in flight record I'm posting here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NF3GLXPKVJUI7UCY3NKK Strange, looks like there was no warning about critical level in one cell. This accu had about 55 cycles and I usually land where there is about 30%. What could cause this? Flying in wind?
2020-2-11
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692792 ft
Brazil

I find funny guys here always trying to blame the user or another external factor for this battery problem with Mavic Air. It is happening all over with Air owners. I had all 3 batteries of my fly more combo with this sudden drop midflight. The third one happened last week. Its happening all over and how come you guys dont see it and connect the dots? It surely is a design flaw but DJI remains silent about acknowledging that. Now Im always afraid to fly but sometimes I need to because its a job. I will reply this same message to all other 2 topics I read today. There were 2 from me from the first 2 batteries and a lot more from other users. DJI needs to do something as they sold us a product promising it was safe. And it would be if there wasnt this battery problem happening all of a sudden, no sign, no message, no physical damage to the battery.
2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules