Battery Maintenance for long life
1240 7 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhodiebert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39741 ft
Germany

Hi. I only got one battery for my new Mavic Mini and spares are just to damn expensive, so I want to use my battery as long as possible.

Would it be better if I use only a 1,5 Amp charger instead of a 2 or 3 Amp charger? And should I only load to about 80 % for storage and then top it up to 100% just before I fly?
Is that the way to keep the battery healthy for longer?
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rhodiebert. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may use a charger with an input of 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5A and an output of 12V 1.5 A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A. In addition, the DJI Mavic Mini battery does not have a days until automatic self-discharge setting. For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub, or insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft to discharge it until the battery level drops to 40-65% ( two to three battery level indicators light up ). In addition, the battery's performance will be influenced if it is kept idle for a long time. To maintain the battery's active state, it is recommended that users charge and discharge the battery every three months. Do not completely discharge the battery and then store it for a long time; otherwise, the battery will over-discharge and the battery cells will be damaged, which will make the battery unusable. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-2-11
Use props
Rhodiebert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39741 ft
Germany

Thanks Stephen, sounds easy enough. I am curious to see how long it lasts me.
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Rhodiebert Posted at 2-11 12:12
Thanks Stephen, sounds easy enough. I am curious to see how long it lasts me.

You are very much welcome Rhodiebert. As long as you take care of your DJI Mavic Mini intelligent flight battery properly I am sure that it will last a very long time. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-2-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

According to user testing MM batteries are already not used to their full extent, neither charging nor discharging. You're safe to charge them and keep them topped up as long as you don't leave them months on end.
2020-2-13
Use props
flcusat
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-11 12:05
Hello and good day Rhodiebert. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may use a charger with an input of 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5A and an output of 12V 1.5 A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A. In addition, the DJI Mavic Mini battery does not have a days until automatic self-discharge setting. For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub, or insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft to discharge it until the battery level drops to 40-65% ( two to three battery level indicators light up ). In addition, the battery's performance will be influenced if it is kept idle for a long time. To maintain the battery's active state, it is recommended that users charge and discharge the battery every three months. Do not completely discharge the battery and then store it for a long time; otherwise, the battery will over-discharge and the battery cells will be damaged, which will make the battery unusable. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20191030/Mavic_Mini_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_EK.pdf ). Thank you.

Do you mind elaborating on this part?
"For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub,"
2020-5-8
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

flcusat Posted at 5-8 07:13
Do you mind elaborating on this part?
"For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub,"

Use the hub to charge you phone or other usb device to get the battery level down
2020-5-8
Use props
flcusat
lvl.2
United States

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-8 10:41
Use the hub to charge you phone or other usb device to get the battery level down

Thanks.
Never thought of that. LOL
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules