Mavic Mini/Fly App Radar Incorrect
1458 9 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank JP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

For the last week or so, my radar graphic on the app is incorrect. The graphic shows the MM behind me, when I am in front, weather the MM is 6ft off the ground or 100ft.  Sometimes to the side.  The little map is incorrect sometimes also.  Even the direction on the map can be incorrect.  Sometimes the map is correct and the graphic is wrong, sometimes, both are wrong.
I'm afraid to fly the MM far, since the compass is not correct....

Any ideas?  And yes I have recalibrated my compass  without beng prompted.  

Thanks, Frank

2020-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any ideas?  And yes I have recalibrated my compass  without beng prompted.
You recalibrated the compass in the drone, but that's not the problem
The issue is the compass in your phone or tablet is being deflected by magnetic fields that are part of your controller.
Recalibrate the compass in your phone or tablet with the controller attached and turned on.
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Frank, please refer to Labroides' reply on 2#. And there may be a deviation in GPS accuracy, when the aircraft and mobile device are in a close distance, the navigator may be inaccurate. Please fly the drone over a short distance (more than 20 meters), then the navigator display will be more accurate.
2020-4-11
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

If you are referring to the Aircraft Orientation Indicator, there are numerous threads/posts on this problem.

The above suggestion may or may not work. At best it may be a temporary solution.

The best solution is to get used to using the aircraft position indicator in the map (lower left corner). Open the map '1 tap' and you should see it.

Cheers & stay safe!
2020-4-11
Use props
Frank JP
lvl.1
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-11 03:26
If you are referring to the Aircraft Orientation Indicator, there are numerous threads/posts on this problem.

The above suggestion may or may not work. At best it may be a temporary solution.

Yes, I am referring to the Aircraft Orientation Indicator (forgot what it is called).  I have tried the above solution to no avail.  I tried two different phones ( Android vs iOS) both same problem, so pretty sure it is the AC.

I have noticed the little map is accurate most of the time. Do you experience the same issues?  Still waiting on a response form dji.   Do you know if any of those threads had resolutions/fixes?  If you could link some here that would be great.  

Thanks for your help, Frank.
2020-4-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Use the calibration procedure after your Mobile Device has been attached to the Remote Control.

Either follow Goog's figure of 8 way or rotate the assembly 360° every axis, pitch, roll, yaw.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-210102-1-1.html

2020-4-11
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

@Frank JP

Here is a link to a thread I started as far back as November 2019.

Mavic Mini RC Affecting Compass on Samsung Phone

There are several other threads regarding this issue that I have been part of. I actually bought an iPhone 6s Plus because of this, but unfortunately experienced the same problem.

Right now I do not bother with that indicator, have gotten used to using the map, and have had not issues with it (the map).

Cheers!
2020-4-11
Use props
Frank JP
lvl.1
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-11 10:59
Use the calibration procedure after your Mobile Device has been attached to the Remote Control.

Either follow Goog's figure of 8 way or rotate the assembly 360° every axis, pitch, roll, yaw.

Thank you, I followed, you're thread.  Well written and thanks.  I am reading other threads that simply say not to use the graphic also.....
2020-4-11
Use props
Frank JP
lvl.1
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-11 11:07
@Frank JP

Here is a link to a thread I started as far back as November 2019.

Thank you - I followed your thread - looks like I'll be relying on the map.
2020-4-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Frank JP Posted at 4-11 07:51
Yes, I am referring to the Aircraft Orientation Indicator (forgot what it is called).  I have tried the above solution to no avail.  I tried two different phones ( Android vs iOS) both same problem, so pretty sure it is the AC.

I have noticed the little map is accurate most of the time. Do you experience the same issues?  Still waiting on a response form dji.   Do you know if any of those threads had resolutions/fixes?  If you could link some here that would be great.  

so pretty sure it is the AC.
It's not the aircraft.
It's magnetism deflecting the compass in your phone or tablet so that it's compass isn't reading correctly.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules