In authorisation blue zone but no unlock!
1967 12 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

On MM I’m in a blue authorisation zone. On power up red label comes up but nothing else. Just says can’t take off.

I have good 4G to try and connect but no pop up comes on. What am I doing wrong!
2020-5-8
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

The pop up comes up after you try to start the props manually using the joysticks. Pulling the two sticks down and in the same time.
2020-5-8
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did the normal thing I do. Presses the auto take off button, held it down but nothing came on.

Bit disappointing as I knew it was a geo blue zone, cycled all the way there and couldn’tfly.
2020-5-8
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

MM_fly Posted at 5-8 07:47
I did the normal thing I do. Presses the auto take off button, held it down but nothing came on.

Bit disappointing as I knew it was a geo blue zone, cycled all the way there and couldn’tfly.

The auto takeoff doesn't give you the pop-up. Starting the drone manually brings up the pop-up.
2020-5-8
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Didn’t know that, so where in instructions does it tell you to do this please?

So you have to do this to get the pop up? I’ve never took off like this so will have to learn. Why can’t it just be like any other auto take off?
2020-5-8
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

MM_fly Posted at 5-8 08:10
Didn’t know that, so where in instructions does it tell you to do this please?

So you have to do this to get the pop up? I’ve never took off like this so will have to learn. Why can’t it just be like any other auto take off?

On page 38. It's really easy, and it's the only way I take off now. Even when I am not in restricted airspace.

You start the motors, and then use the left stick to take off.

Also, have you tried using the DJI Flysafe site? That works well as well.

2020-5-8
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I knew you could take off like this as an alternative to auto take off, but I meant in regards to geo unlock.

I personally don’t see the difference between auto take off and using sticks, both do the same?

So where is it listed that of in geo unlock that you have to use stick method?

I actually went on website day before, used my login and got an unlock using serial of my controller. But that didn’t work. It added it to app etc but when got there I got the “authorisation zone” red message.

So I deleted the geo unlock as thought you could just unlock if connected to 4G, but this didn’t work either.

2020-5-8
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

MM_fly Posted at 5-8 09:54
I knew you could take off like this as an alternative to auto take off, but I meant in regards to geo unlock.

I personally don’t see the difference between auto take off and using sticks, both do the same?

There isn't a lot of documentation on fly safe. When you did the fly safe site, di you then go into the app and download the license? You have to do that before you try to take off. Go into the app, connect to the air craft (you don't have to actually connect), select camera view, then settings, safety, unlock geo zones, and then download the license. I know you said "added", just wanted to make sure that you downloaded it. It will list it, but you have to actually download it.

My backyard is in a zone, and when I don't do the fly safe thing, which is almost always now, I just manually start the drone, and before it starts it gives me the dialog to unlock, I check 3 boxes, and I am good to go.
2020-5-8
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Here is what the dialog looks like. After you move the joy sticks down and in, you will get this screen...

After you click Unlock, you will get this screen...

And after you check those three check boxes and click Ok, you will be able to fly.
2020-5-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, as the others have mentioned, for some reason, it only works via the CSC method.  I discussed this (and demonstrated it) briefly somewhere after the 11:30 point in the below video.

2020-5-8
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Deucalion Posted at 5-8 15:42
There isn't a lot of documentation on fly safe. When you did the fly safe site, di you then go into the app and download the license? You have to do that before you try to take off. Go into the app, connect to the air craft (you don't have to actually connect), select camera view, then settings, safety, unlock geo zones, and then download the license. I know you said "added", just wanted to make sure that you downloaded it. It will list it, but you have to actually download it.

My backyard is in a zone, and when I don't do the fly safe thing, which is almost always now, I just manually start the drone, and before it starts it gives me the dialog to unlock, I check 3 boxes, and I am good to go.
Hi

I did download the licence as you described to the app. It shows up in the geo unlock list.

That didn’t seem to do anything, so I deleted it on the day. Then tried with 4G on manually to get the notification but it wouldn’t worth either.

So looks lime it is stick take off, I’ll have to practice and read up, and watch your video thanks, before trying again....and going on another long bike ride to get there!

This is what is disappointing and why the manual should be updated by DJI though when new features are released. It isn’t hard to add to a PDF when features are added to show users. Quite a bit has been added now and they still haven’t edited the PDF manual. I’ve emailed DJI support and got the standard answer back of “we have forwarded this request on”

The firmware release should go hand in hand with documentation and tutorial release in my opinion.
Thanks
2020-5-9
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tried again today. Didn’t pre authorise.

As above suggested I used CSC, pulled down and in, and then got pop up. Didn’t have to use a code though from a text.

Once ticked all boxes to agree, I then pressed the auto take off icon and it took off.

Thanks for help, just wish DJI made this clear, and/or initiate pop up box when you try to auto take off.

Thanks
2020-5-9
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

MM_fly Posted at 5-9 03:54
Tried again today. Didn’t pre authorise.

As above suggested I used CSC, pulled down and in, and then got pop up. Didn’t have to use a code though from a text.

You don't have to press auto takeoff. Just push the left joystick up to takeoff.
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules