New Mavic Mini issues
745 9 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Remedii
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15853 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, please help me if you can, day 2 of the mini, brand new from DJI.

Updates done but only 2 of the 3 batteries updated

Videos will only record a max of 19seconds - Memory card is a Samsung 128gb Evo plus - changed this for some cheap 16gb cheap non branded rubbish one works great. (have a 2nd Evo the same in my phone thats works fine, I trust theses are not copies!

Drone flys great but the light flashes green then about every 10 flashes flashes red slowly twice, then back to the green - does this on all 3 batteries, all fully charged. I have calibrate the compass several times outside away from everything and also the IMU too.

The drone postition at the bottom of the app always shows behind me, i've just read about calibrating the phone, not tried this yet, tried a 2nd phone a bit better, to the side.

Advise appriciated
Andy
2020-5-13
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

If you have an iPhone you need to enable the app to use location services on your phone.  
2020-5-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

usually when you perform the firmware update the battery that is in the drone gets automatically updated, hence you need to perform battery update only on the other 2 batteries.
the samsung evo plus is supported so on theory should work, in case it doesn't there is some issue with the card or it is fake. You can test the speeds the card supports to be sure if it is working fine.
2020-5-13
Use props
Remedii
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-13 11:33
usually when you perform the firmware update the battery that is in the drone gets automatically updated, hence you need to perform battery update only on the other 2 batteries.
the samsung evo plus is supported so on theory should work, in case it doesn't there is some issue with the card or it is fake. You can test the speeds the card supports to be sure if it is working fine.

Yeah when drone updated it did the battery, then the next battery I put in that prompted and did that one, the 3rd nothing.

How to I check the speed of the card? online site?
Thanks
2020-5-13
Use props
Remedii
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-13 11:08
If you have an iPhone you need to enable the app to use location services on your phone.

Sorry, should have said, S7 phone
2020-5-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Remedii Posted at 5-13 11:39
Yeah when drone updated it did the battery, then the next battery I put in that prompted and did that one, the 3rd nothing.

How to I check the speed of the card? online site?

you should try using dji assistant 2 on the pc, it should work fine for the battery update. Usually is more reliable to do all updates that way i think. app sometimes might cause issues.

you can do it on the phone also. there are apps for checking sd cards' speed, etc. check on google.
2020-5-13
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remedii Posted at 5-13 11:40
Sorry, should have said, S7 phone

I have also used an S7 but no issues you are reporting. Wish I could help.
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Andy, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, could you please check if there is an error message prompt in your DJI FLY app? You may download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads and update the firmware again to see if the issue persists or not. Should there any further issues, please feel free to let us know.
2020-5-14
Use props
Remedii
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi thanks fir the reply, I think I have sorted it all out, 1 battery still didn't update but everything is working great thanks.
2020-5-16
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

Remedii Posted at 5-16 04:05
Hi thanks fir the reply, I think I have sorted it all out, 1 battery still didn't update but everything is working great thanks.

Actually when you upgrade the aircraft firmware, it also does upgrade the battery inside, without showing any specific message about that. On the other hand, when you insert the 2 supplementary batteries, then you get a message that the battery needs updating. Therefore you may think 1 battery has not been updated. Too bad there is no way to check the battery FW version though.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules