Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WPNL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97293 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys,
After a few days of trying I have to ask you this:

I'm trying to shoot my sighthounds but activetrack it's not accepting the target, I keep getting the message:
"Unable to switch targets. Function only supports following targets such as people and vehicles"

Movie settings are 4K30 and the locked target seems to stay on the (GPS) location of where I last saw/locked the subject/dog.

Or is AT too smart?!!! That would be a real shame and a waste of money in my case ;-)

All helpful comments are appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

William

2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi William, sorry for the inconvenience. It is recommended to only track vehicles, boats, and people (but not children). You also can refer to the information on the user manual. Hope this can help you, thanks.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2020-6-5
Use props
WPNL
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello Natalia,
Thank you for the explanation!
"it is recommended to only track vehicles..." is not the same as "it is not possible to track anything else but vehicles..." ;-)
This is a really big disappointment and I hope the tracking will get better eventually, I'll have to work on my skills to manually "track" my subjects now haha

Have a nice day!
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_yW98gGORVwYN
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-6-5 02:38
Hi William, sorry for the inconvenience. It is recommended to only track vehicles, boats, and people (but not children). You also can refer to the information on the user manual. Hope this can help you, thanks.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200511/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
[view_image]

Yes, I too want to track my dog. In fact, as a dog trainer, it’s the main reason for getting a mini 3 pro. Has there been any development in getting the drone to recognise a dog as well as people and vehicles?
2023-1-20
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21307762 ft
Spain

Yep, Active Track doesn't work on dogs, tried it on mine as well. It doesn't work on RC cars either.
2023-1-21
Use props
WPNL
lvl.1
Netherlands

So three years later still the best alternative seems to be a Skydio 2 with the beacon attached to the subject (something other than a human).

It is amazing there is no development done regarding this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXXEIp-XSE&ab_channel=TakingFlightMedia
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_yW98gGORVwYN Posted at 1-20 00:20
Yes, I too want to track my dog. In fact, as a dog trainer, it’s the main reason for getting a mini 3 pro. Has there been any development in getting the drone to recognise a dog as well as people and vehicles?

Hi, there.
Thanks for your inquiry.
For Mini 3 Pro, it is recommended to only track vehicles, boats, and people (but not children).
But we have forwarded such needs to the relevant team for evaluation, you can stay tuned to our official website if there is any new update.
Thanks for your understanding.

2023-1-21
Use props
WPNL
lvl.1
Netherlands

... two-and-a-half year later.

I found another great alternative, in 2020 I mounted a GoPro with the Max lens mod on the dog's back for real close-up action!
https://youtu.be/Wdavwff_c7M
2023-1-23
Use props
kulmmii
lvl.1

Finland

I wish my mini 4 pro would follow my dogs as they run in wide open areas.. It would be totally safe for the drone and for the dogs as well. DJI should add a feature that if the dog has some sort colored of shirt or west on it would work then.
5-8 18:42
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2733720 ft
  • >>>
Romania

WPNL Posted at 2023-1-23 07:52
... two-and-a-half year later.

I found another great alternative, in 2020 I mounted a GoPro with the Max lens mod on the dog's back for real close-up action!

AUTEL will do this.
5-8 22:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kulmmii Posted at 5-8 18:42
I wish my mini 4 pro would follow my dogs as they run in wide open areas.. It would be totally safe for the drone and for the dogs as well. DJI should add a feature that if the dog has some sort colored of shirt or west on it would work then.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro ActiveTrack and FocusTrack features require the tracking subject to be a person, vehicle, or boat, with vehicles specifically referring to cars and boats referring to small to medium-sized speedboats or yachts. If the subject is too large (such as a bus or cruise ship) or has an unconventional shape, it may not be recognized and locked onto. Rest assured that we will record the suggestion you mentioned and send it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.
5-9 02:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules