iPhone 6s for Mini 2 Question
6096 6 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingCircus
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I know the iPhone 6s is on the recommended list for the Mini 2. If I buy an unlocked refurbished phone, I think I can use it with the Mini 2 without activation (phone service or data plan). I should be able to use a WiFi connection to download the DJI App, using my existing Apple account. Is there anything I'm missing? This seems to be the least expensive option for a phone. Thanks.

2020-11-8
Use props
paroina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I have a spare iPhone 6s that I use and it works fine with the Mini 2. No cellular activated. Turned off all things like iMessage, Facetime, notifications, etc so nothing interrups with flying.
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlyingCircus. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You will be needing an internet when updating your DJI Fly application. It is recommended to put your mobile device on airplane mode while flying it would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. In addition it is not necessary to put your device in airplane mode but please make sure there is no such calls/text message or any notification that will interrupt you when using your device while flying your DJI Mini 2. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-11-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it will work aas you are saying. The only issue you might have is that if you want to unlock a no fly zone you sometimes need to receive a text on the phone you are using to input a code. I might be a good idea to buy a very low use data or phone sim on pay as you go which will cost nowt to receive an incomming text. You can use the phone on wI fi to update etc. I do exactly as you do but with a 6S Plus as they are a nicer size for a drone. Sort of a cheap Ipad mini less.
In the UK you can get vodafone on Pay as you go 1 which now has a limit in cost of £1 per day if you reach the £1 limit in use in any one day. This is a very cost effective way to have the phone active if you need to receive a text and also as an emergency phone should you loose or bust your main one (or in my case drop it in the water as I do a lot of boating). I suspect there will be a similar taffif in the US.

This sort of phone deal is also good if you want a phone separate from your main one (for ebay selling etc) to generally only receive incommng calls. The rule is you need to use it at loeast once (outgoing) every 190 days
2020-11-8
Use props
FlyingCircus
lvl.1
United States

Thank you!
2020-11-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14501142 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will work perfectly fine
2020-11-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just used my Iphone 6S Plus just as you described on my New Mini 2 I did however have to receive the text I spoke about re the unlocking. All worked very well
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules