Charging phone (Android user)
5209 15 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathas Moreira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220200 ft
Brazil

Well, im a Androind user with a nice battery, I dont need to charge it, there is no way to block the radio controller from charging the phone, or no foreseen firmware/software updates to add this feature?
2021-1-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I think it is a Android implementation issue, can't be changed by DJI
2021-1-5
Use props
Jonathas Moreira
lvl.2
Brazil

videoeditman Posted at 1-5 07:51
I think it is a Android implementation issue, can't be changed by DJI

Feels bad ;/
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_ZbWo7sVKupqA
New
Flight distance : 94888 ft
Costa Rica

same issue here
2021-1-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

It's not an issue, it's an android feature :-) With an iPhone you are able to switch on/off charging. OR with a rooted android phone, see below

Gearbest says:

Why we can’t stop the DJI Mavic mini remote controller charging mode ?
In relation to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ).
Even though there is no option for the Android phone to disable the charging mode. If your mobile phone had rooted, you can try the follow steps.
Step 1: Find an Android mobile phone which is rooted and compatible DJI Mavic Mini.
Step 2: Download App "Disable Battery Charging"
Step 3: Install your mobile phone on the DJI Mavic Mini, and open this APP.
Step 4: After open Disable Battery Charging APP, just click "Disable USB charging". You will find that the remote control is not charging the Android phone. If you want to back to the charging mode, just click "Enable USB charging".
2021-1-5
Use props
Jonzinho
lvl.2
Brazil

jonny007 Posted at 1-5 11:26
It's not an issue, it's an android feature :-) With an iPhone you are able to switch on/off charging. OR with a rooted android phone, see below

Gearbest says:

Thanks for the information bro, have a nice day.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jonathas Moreira. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The reason why your Android mobile device is discharging on your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2021-1-5
Use props
Jonzinho
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 20:01
Hello there Jonathas Moreira. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The reason why your Android mobile device is discharging on your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.

Thank you Sir.
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Jonzinho. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you. .
2021-1-8
Use props
ExtraGloves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19537 ft
United States

Darn I didnt realize this couldnt be turned off.  Anyone know how long the controller will last while charging the battery?
2021-1-8
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

ExtraGloves Posted at 1-8 04:52
Darn I didnt realize this couldnt be turned off.  Anyone know how long the controller will last while charging the battery?

Quite a few hours depending on temperature, etc.
2021-1-8
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

ExtraGloves Posted at 1-8 04:52

From my experience and that of some others here, the RC battery is enough for about 5 drone batteries. It's actually not that bad that the RC is charging the smartphone. If you get used to always keeping the RC fully charged, you can also fly if you forgot to charge the smartphone or it is only 10% charged. It would of course be ideal if it could be selected, just like with iPhone or rooted Android and the app.
2021-1-8
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

videoeditman Posted at 1-8 05:49
Quite a few hours depending on temperature, etc.

Also depending how many charge/discharge cycles the batteries have gone through. I have an older Mot Z3 that has a weak battery and although this is anecdotal I seem to get only 2 batteries worth out of the controller. I do have a charging hub so it's really no big deal for however.
2021-1-9
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jonny007 Posted at 1-8 06:26
From my experience and that of some others here, the RC battery is enough for about 5 drone batteries. It's actually not that bad that the RC is charging the smartphone. If you get used to always keeping the RC fully charged, you can also fly if you forgot to charge the smartphone or it is only 10% charged. It would of course be ideal if it could be selected, just like with iPhone or rooted Android and the app.

Very true, I fly the mini2 with an iphone and I've always wished the 'phone charging' is set to 'on' by default rather than having to turn it on every time. The RC's built in batteries will last more than 5 flights while charging the phone
2021-1-9
Use props
Seattle_Scott
lvl.2
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-5 11:26
It's not an issue, it's an android feature :-) With an iPhone you are able to switch on/off charging. OR with a rooted android phone, see below

Gearbest says:

Very informative. Ironically, with the iphone, you have to turn on phone charging every single time you fly.
2021-1-9
Use props
Harry Jones
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Mavic Mini and Mini 2 remote charging Android phone ISSUE SOLVED!   

link :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDID4SvpbLU&t=72s

Many thanks to the creator of this video - Zolly .

I obtained diode 1N4004 from a local electronics store (micro center) for $1.99 and followed his instructions.  

My samsung S9 has the USB type C connector so I didnt want to ruin the micro USB to type C remote control cord experimenting, so i purchased a micro USB to type C adaptor ($3) and executed the video instructions on the unused micro USB to micro USB cord that was included with the drone.
=> make sure diode band is pointing in the direction of the phone !!

Worked 100% - now the remote control no longer charges my Samsung S9 when they are connected.

2021-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules