Two issues with FPV drone/goggles
1358 4 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I am having two problems with my DJI FPV bundle that I am hoping to get help with.  I am unsure if I should contact DJI about a warranty claim for both of the following:
1)   The SD card holder does not seem to work correctly, or at least not like I would expect.   Usually, when you insert an SD card into a drone like this, it "clicks" into place.  On this drone, the spring just pushes the card back out, there is no "click" and the card does not lock in place.   I am able to record to it still as the cover plate seems to push it in enough, but I am wondering if this is related to my second issue below, due to vibration or something.

2)   The first few times I flew the drone without recording and had no issues.   The last 3 times I took it out I did record, and each time, the OSD telemetry on the goggles locks up around 2/3 of the way through the flight.    What i mean is, the battery level, altitude, mode indicator, all of it freezes up and will no longer change after a certain point, so I cant tell how much battery I have left or how high I am.   The camera still works as well as the home H, but nothing else on screen.  Rebooting the goggles without restarting the drone brings it up with no telemetry at all until the drone is restarted, so I am forced to return the drone and land it.  
Do those things sound like basis for a warranty claim?   The drone has not been crashed and it is flying in cool weather (50-60 degrees farenheit.)   Is the way I described the SD card seating above normal for this drone or does it usually "click" in like in most devices?

Thanks for any thoughts!

2021-3-10
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

I`ve no asnwer for you about your OSD problems.

But the SD Card doesnt click for me either. You lock it into place with the cover plate. So my guess is, its like that for every DJI FPV.
Found it strange myself, but it works... So i`ll take it as is.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-10 13:55
I`ve no asnwer for you about your OSD problems.

But the SD Card doesnt click for me either. You lock it into place with the cover plate. So my guess is, its like that for every DJI FPV.

Ok, thanks so much for that info - I wasnt sure if it was a problem or not.  I took the drone out tonight without the SD card in it and no recording, and the OSD still froze up around 50% battery, so clearly that is not related.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY Posted at 3-10 15:16
Ok, thanks so much for that info - I wasnt sure if it was a problem or not.  I took the drone out tonight without the SD card in it and no recording, and the OSD still froze up around 50% battery, so clearly that is not related.

Did you change any settings on how and when the drone should be recording?

Ive changed the settings to: start recording on every start.

Have you tried formatting the SD Card first?

Hope everything is working for you by now
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_mmQS4veWC508
lvl.1

Italy

Hi. I've got your same problem with osd freezing after 5 to 8 mintes of flight. Did you solve this issue?
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules