336 2 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kwattts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61545 ft
United States

Hi -

Love this drone, but since I got it, when Idling the horizon is tilted a bit, the pitch. You can see it in the goggles and especially when hovering higher in the air. This is in both normal and sports, when in acro/manual it's probably there but I can't tell - my focus is on not nosediving

I'll get a picture to show and update the post, just wanted to get this out there, because I've tried everything,
- All the calibrations
- New propellers
- True level takeoff

Usually there is a "trim" setting on my other birds, which this drone doesn't seem to have -- the PIDS are for manual.

Thoughts/ideas?

2021-7-9
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

Maybe just compensation for the wind.  

In order to hold position in wind, the drone must tilt.  This drone only has a single axis gimbal so the image tilt is not compensated for.  

Rotate 180 degrees while in a "hover" and see if the tilt is in the other direction.  If so, then it is simply the drone reacting to wind.

It would also explain why there is a bigger issue at higher altitudes.  Wind tends to be higher in velocity at higher flight altitudes.
2021-7-9
Use props
kwattts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61545 ft
United States

Steelart99 Posted at 7-9 18:35
Maybe just compensation for the wind.  

In order to hold position in wind, the drone must tilt.  This drone only has a single axis gimbal so the image tilt is not compensated for.  

Tilt happens at higher altitudes, where I'm usually flying against strong pacific ocean winds coming in from the west.

Shifting over 180 degrees (North/South), no tilt.

Wind explains the tilt perfectly, thank you.

2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules