DJI Mini 2 Gimbal motor overloaded
19429 9 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uncleray07
lvl.1

South Korea

Hello!

I just bought a DJI Mini 2 last Wednesday and I used it first time last Saturday (8/28/2021).
There was always warning of Gimbal stuck and gimbal motor overloaded. I removed the gimbal cover before unfolding and turning on the drone.
When I tried it at first, there was a warning of Gimbal stuck. I just tried to calibrate it but was stuck at 10%.
I cleaned the gimbal using a dust blower and air compressor (but not overpressurizing the gimbal) like what I read from others. Then, there was no gimbal stuck error after I turned it on and calibrated it successfully. But later on, a gimbal motor overloaded appeared. I noticed a sound from the motor like it was struggling to work and I felt some slight vibrations.
Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this case, we strongly suggest performing the gimbal calibration a couple of times to see if there would be some changes. Also, can you please confirm if the unit experiences a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Had a gimbal error too after couple of landings on the ground, no crash. There's not much space between the parts, so a little bit of sand blocks the gimbal. In my case blowing it out with a rocket blower did the job.

My mini2 is nearly a year old. Yours just a couple of days. If you didn't land your drone on the beach or sandy surface, I would contact the vendor and get the drone replaced.
2021-8-29
Use props
uncleray07
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-29 18:49
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this case, we strongly suggest performing the gimbal calibration a couple of times to see if there would be some changes. Also, can you please confirm if the unit experiences a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I tried several times but it was successfully calibrated for just twice only. The calibration was stuck at 10% and sometimes at 90% and returns to 80% and did not continue. I haven't experienced a hard landing. I just only tried to fly it once to see if there is a problem with the camera. And it seems that the gimbal is not working well since the video is shaky and the camera tilts when the drone is turning (it is like in FPV mode although I'm in Follow mode). Will try to calibrate it again later.
2021-8-29
Use props
uncleray07
lvl.1

South Korea

JohnDG Posted at 8-29 18:54
Had a gimbal error too after couple of landings on the ground, no crash. There's not much space between the parts, so a little bit of sand blocks the gimbal. In my case blowing it out with a rocket blower did the job.

My mini2 is nearly a year old. Yours just a couple of days. If you didn't land your drone on the beach or sandy surface, I would contact the vendor and get the drone replaced.

Yeah, I will try to contact the seller for replacement if the error still persists. I just only tried it once without problem in take off and landing. Thank you.
2021-8-29
Use props
uncleray07
lvl.1

South Korea

UPDATE:
It's working now. I tried to fly it twice today. I just need to slightly pull out the gimbal when starting. I think the screws are too tight or something is obstructing the movement of the gimbal.
I hope that no problem will occur again next time. Thanks for your help.
2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

uncleray07 Posted at 8-30 05:13
UPDATE:
It's working now. I tried to fly it twice today. I just need to slightly pull out the gimbal when starting. I think the screws are too tight or something is obstructing the movement of the gimbal.
I hope that no problem will occur again next time. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please let us know if you have other concerns for us to help you further. Thank you!
2021-8-30
Use props
Hisham RI
lvl.1
Japan

How to calibrate Gimball. Please
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hisham RI Posted at 12-13 21:37
How to calibrate Gimball. Please

Hi, Hisham RI. Thanks for reaching out. Before calibrating the gimbal, please take note of the following:
1. Make sure to remove the gimbal protector.
2. Check if the gimbal is stuck by a foreign object. If yes, please remove it.
3. Don't touch the gimbal during calibration.
4. Place the drone on a level surface before calibrating.
To calibrate the gimbal, go to the DJI Fly app Settings>Control>Gimbal Calibration and then follow the on-screen prompts to proceed with the calibration.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2022-12-13
Use props
SantiMontano
lvl.2
United States

Hi. Thank you for the thread. My 1+ year old Mini 2 was giving the Gimbal Overload error. Blowing it out with compressed air and performing a gimbal calibration has corrected the overload error. Cheers!
7-23 08:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules