739 22 2021-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mini 2 and DJI RE Goggles?? They are both Ocusyn 2.0 so it can be done.  Reason is, it's hard to see w/ the Smartphone screen and the Mini 2 is incredibly portable and a long lasting flight time like the Mavic 2.  I had to bring the Mini 2 instead of the M2P because I wanted to motorcycle to the job but didn't have any big bags available.

You can just buy a lot of batteries for the Mini 2 though.. DJI FPV is a better option imo.  Just make the Mini 2 compatible w/ DJI RE so customers can use it too.
2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, AntDX. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with the DJI Goggles and DJI FPV Goggles. However, I will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which smartphone, i use the Note 20 Ultra and I can see fine with that, I am actually using my tablet far less, to be honest, I think I've used the tablet twice now and that's out of 40 flights
2021-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-30 19:55
Which smartphone, i use the Note 20 Ultra and I can see fine with that, I am actually using my tablet far less, to be honest, I think I've used the tablet twice now and that's out of 40 flights

Note 20 Ultra too in the shadows.  I should just bring the Smart Controller when doing commercial flights.  They should make a Smartphone like the Smart Controller so it never goes dim.
2021-8-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn off the auto-brightness, tis what i do, it certainly helps

As for the goggles, I think by now that if they could, they won't, if it can be done, it will be passed on to the Mini 3
2021-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-30 23:09
Turn off the auto-brightness, tis what i do, it certainly helps

As for the goggles, I think by now that if they could, they won't, if it can be done, it will be passed on to the Mini 3

Of course auto-brightness is off.  When the phone gets hot it dims.  The summer heat w/ no shade is the best to notice this.  Look at the brightness bar remain maxed out and watch the screen go dim.  Smart Controller fixed this issue I think completely but I don't bring it w/ the Mini 2 as I'm going portable.  Client was happy w/ the Mini 2 footage (I don't think they noticed I was using it, after using the M2P the day prior, on a revisit request in an area close to the original request).  The footage looks very similar.  DJI is amazing.

The P4PV2 has jello and unusable for footage imo but a client didn't care and liked it though it was jelloing like crazy but not too severe..  Photos off the P4PV2 in terms of detail beat the other drones.

If I had to do footage I would 100% choose the Mini 2 over the P4PV2.. but C4K60 at night filming fireworks w/ the 1" and the right exposure, I've seen nothing like it.  No one really cares about the fireworks footage though.

Start at probably 1:04
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bad props can cause jello, not sure how we went from Auto brightness to footage quality though?
Mini 2 compare to the Phantom, camera, I would choose my Phantom 4 Pro v1 any day, I just like the mini 2 because i can take off where I want as long as its public property or mine
2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-1 15:31
bad props can cause jello, not sure how we went from Auto brightness to footage quality though?
Mini 2 compare to the Phantom camera, I would choose my Phantom 4 Pro v1 any day, I just like the mini 2 because i can take off where I want as long as its public property or mine

P4PV2 is super big.  For mapping it's perfect.
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 9-1 17:09
P4PV2 is super big.  For mapping it's perfect.

I did say Mini 2 compared to Phantom, camera, i would choose my Phantom4 Pro v1 any day
2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-1 18:01
I did say Mini 2 compared to Phantom, camera, i would choose my Phantom4 Pro v1 any day

I'm still using the same props since I think Late 2018.  I should change to the spare props but they work.

If I'm flying too close.. the Mini 2 sucks because the rolling shutter isn't at the high caliber of the higher end DJI drones but when you are high up the quality can look the same.
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 9-1 18:04
I'm still using the same props since I think Late 2018.  I should change to the spare props but they work.

If I'm flying too close.. the Mini 2 sucks because the rolling shutter isn't at the high caliber of the higher end DJI drones but when you are high up the quality can look the same.

If there are no nicks and they are balanced well, then the issue isn't the props, but I have seen jello resolved by changing props.

I have just found this great post on here by Geebax, whilst searching the Google, for ''Jello effect on Phantom 4 Pro''.
Please, do have a read, I think its time for at least one new prop, or at the very least, balance them...

As for quality being the same, if you're talking straight from camera, I disagree, the colours from the Mini 2 are off, namely, the green grass is too green, it reminds me a bit like my Note 20 Ultra 5g, the skies from that are too blue. Thats just my opinion and before any post-process, it can be fiddled with, obviously. But if I was to choose a camera between the 2, it would be the P4P's any day of the week, purely for the larger sensor, better low light etc.

Comparing the 4k footage from both, if  you get the best out of the Mini 2, then it would be hard to compare, I agree.

2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-1 18:48
If there are no nicks and they are balanced well, then the issue isn't the props, but I have seen jello resolved by changing props.

I have just found this great post on here by Geebax, whilst searching the Google, for ''Jello effect on Phantom 4 Pro''.

yeah but Mini 2 has no issue w/ jello and when the bugs hit the props the balance is gone again
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 9-1 19:14
yeah but Mini 2 has no issue w/ jello and when the bugs hit the props the balance is gone again

Just a simple thank you would suffice, I don't need excuses why you prefer to use the Mini 2, its your choice ;)
2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-1 22:27
Just a simple thank you would suffice, I don't need excuses why you prefer to use the Mini 2, its your choice ;)

thx of course but I already knew about prop jello since 2013.  The Mini 2 and DJI FPV make it so much easier to FPV.  We had to use flying wings and stuff to get in the air and crappy DIY drones that do flip of deaths and fly aways destroying hundreds of dollars of equipment or at least a couple hundred per crash!
2021-9-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, ya may well have known about it but had you actually thought about it, you would have resolved your P4P jello issue ;)
2021-9-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-2 22:19
Yeah, ya may well have known about it but had you actually thought about it, you would have resolved your P4P jello issue ;)

Mini 2 has no jello and can fit in a pocket if it weren't for the controller.  DJI should've made it where you can use an app to fly but the Mini 2 risks being crushed in a pocket.
2021-9-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, i give up...
2021-9-3
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-2 22:19

Pardon my newbie ignorance but what is jello? Not the edible stuff ;).
2021-9-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NickelPlate Posted at 9-3 04:52
Pardon my newbie ignorance but what is jello? Not the edible stuff ;).

Back when drones were just starting.. jello was something that was difficult to fix.

Jello because of Jello.

The desert.
2021-9-3
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 9-3 09:37
Back when drones were just starting.. jello was something that was difficult to fix.

Oh okay, the wavy patterns. Yes I've seen that on my RC airplane cameras and it's ugly. BTW, thanks for the helpful videos on how to make Jello!
2021-9-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NickelPlate Posted at 9-3 09:40
Oh okay, the wavy patterns. Yes I've seen that on my RC airplane cameras and it's ugly. BTW, thanks for the helpful videos on how to make Jello!

I haven't made jello in decades lmao.  Used to get them in buffets but haven't been there in so long and they've all shutdown due to Corona.
2021-9-3
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

After battling DJI on getting the RE Goggles to work with Mavic 2 drones and giving up I doubt the no longer manufactured RE Goggles will ever work with any DJI product, how about just returning our money?
2021-11-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 11-23 11:45
After battling DJI on getting the RE Goggles to work with Mavic 2 drones and giving up I doubt the no longer manufactured RE Goggles will ever work with any DJI product, how about just returning our money?

I got it for the Mavic 2 but the lag is not good.  DJI FPV is perfect but came out years after of course.  Now, rather than have it sit I want to use a remote camera I can plant somewhere (Plenty of good reasons), and use it for seeing the screen outdoors is ideal.  It's hard to see the screen when outside.  Doing the whole  plugged in method and using the goggles makes it where you can see All of the screen like the whole room is dark.  Trying to workaround the sun issue with a shade still doesn't always work especially when the sun is beaming down light on the screen.  Even if you turn 180° it still is an issue.  The goggle method eliminates All of this.  You can zoom out if you want to see more without moving the eyes too far around the screen and it being hard to see the center lower area because the nose is in the way.  It's basically a monitor.  You basically create a dark room for yourself anywhere at anytime except underwater of course.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules