527 6 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick.cheshire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HI All!

Hopefully someone can help!

Ive been using a mini 2 for some time now (and loving it) i tend to use the preset modes like 'dronie' 'boomerang' 'rocket' etc as i love some of the effects for the type of videos i do.

i decided to treat myself and buy a smart controller.

ive paired it to my mini2 and took it for a test flight but i cant seem to located these on there?

ive got the Go4 app which isnt useable with the mini2 so it sticks me into DJI fly, but ive looked everywhere and cannot see these options to use the preset modes.

can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what im doing wrong please?
2021-10-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have checked if your Smart Controller has the latest firmware v01.01.0064, which was only released in July?
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nick.cheshire. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Smart Controller is compatible with DJI Mini 2, to ensure compatibility, always make sure your DJI Mini 2 and your DJI Smart Controller is updated with the latest firmware. Thank you.
2021-10-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Nick,

I guess you have the right firmware already on your Smart Controller as you were able to fly the Mini 2 with it.
In priciple the Fly app should give you the same options on the SC as you were using on your smart phone. Same app, only different device. So, you should be able to find the same options at the same places.

However, as Monkey007 stated, the firmware released in July '21 has been installed with the version of Fly that has been used in that period. The SC is an android device. If you're using an Apple smart phone, I don't know if some things might look different in the app.
You can also check the version of Fly. DJI made moved some of the options or redesigned them over the versions. Check on "settings" and scroll down on the left part of the screen to see the version number.
You can use the browser on the sc to download the latest version of Fly from the DJI web site and install it on the SC (if you didn't get the message to upgrade). Be aware that in the latest version of Fly 1.4.12 (1430) the color of the frontled can't be set and the reset to default function of the gimbal doesn't seem to work.
2021-10-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Nick,

you are aware you can only enter "quickshots" when your craft is airborn?

20211029_120222.jpg
2021-10-28
Use props
nick.cheshire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Morning!

So ive checked the latest update on the controller and it appears to be the most up to date version.

ive launched the drone (albeit in a warehouse) and the quickshot isnt an option (the GPS is saying no GPS where i am in the warehouse) is this the problem?

other then that, its giving me options for photo, video and playback but no quickshot menu option?
2021-10-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

nick.cheshire Posted at 10-29 00:59
Morning!

So ive checked the latest update on the controller and it appears to be the most up to date version.

hi Nick,

no, no gps signal is not the problem.

Did you press the button shown with the red circle on the picture, to obtain the menu to select video and photo / pano modes?
The button is just above the shutter button.
Do you get the same menu or are there parts missing of it?
20211029_180108.jpg
2021-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules