Anyone using a Google Pixel 3a XL with the Mini 2?
2771 5 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atomic UK
New

United Kingdom

My first post here as I am looking to enter the world of drones and had settled on the DJI Mini 2.

However, I have been unable to confirm if my Google Pixel 3a XL is compatible?
Having bought some other equipment last year that I now find won't work with the Pixel 3a, I want to make sure this time.

Any users of the 3a XL here?
Any issues I need to be aware of before hitting the purchase button?

I have seen that I have to manually download the DJI Fly App as it isn't in the Google Play Store.

Thank you in advance.
2022-2-16
Use props
55Kevy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303478 ft
United States

I have no problems using the 3XL, Android 12.  Not sure what the differences are between the 3 and 3a. Edit: and you can't get DJI Fly from Google Play.  Download it from the DJI site (can't remember the link, but should be easy to find).
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Atomic UK. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Google Pixel 3a XL when flying there DJI Mini 2 can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. You may try to download the DJI Fly application from our official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly . Thank you.
2022-2-16
Use props
Atomic UK
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 18:45
Hello there Atomic UK. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Google Pixel 3a XL when flying there DJI Mini 2 can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. You may try to download the DJI Fly application from our official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly . Thank you.

Thank you for the welcome.

I have downloaded the DJI Fly App but it wouldn;t let me do so through the normal App store and gave a warning about using it, so thus far, I haven't fully installed it.

I was hoping there would be someone here with a 3a using the Mini 2 as it's quite a popular phone.

Not knowing right now is currently keeping me from making the purchase unfortunately.
2022-2-18
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

If you're convinced that you want to go with dji. I can tell you I have used the dji mini 2 with the latest version of the Fly app 1.5.9 on a Pixel 3a with the latest update of OS 12 and it function as well as it does with any other device.
2022-2-18
Use props
djiuser_136GPcvaYV95
New

Belgium

Hi. I have an issue with my Google pixel 3a. I can't connect it to the Dji fly app. When I connect my phone with the cable of the remote control, nothing happen on the app. Do you have an Idea of where it Come of ?
Thanks
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules