Replacing a Mini-2 without Flyaway Insurance
1088 5 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doogmeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22536 ft
Canada

Hi all.  I recently lost my Mini-2 in the water and I don't have Flyaway insurance.  With that in mind, 2 questions:
- Can I purchase a new Mini-2 with just the drone?  (Assuming the cost would be less that buying the basic drone + controller)
- If I am able to buy one, can I re-assign my existing controller to work with my new drone?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
2022-5-22
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Prices are dropping quick as people sell off their mini 2.  Watch ebay, saw a combo today, full fly-more combo with 5batts for around $400.  The mini 3 comes bare bones and yes, you'd be able to bind that controller to the mini 3, or random  mini 2.   Check youtube for pairing video/s.   (buying a new mini2 alone may cost you more than a used bundle)
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doogmeister. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If your DJI Mini 2 is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
Doogmeister
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 19:47
Hello there Doogmeister. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If your DJI Mini 2 is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks for your reply but this was definitely pilot error

I use my drone for filming from my sailboat and it is inherently high-risk trying to land with limited room. This was my own fault but I'm learning...
2022-5-23
Use props
Doogmeister
lvl.1
Canada

hunterws Posted at 5-22 17:54
Prices are dropping quick as people sell off their mini 2.  Watch ebay, saw a combo today, full fly-more combo with 5batts for around $400.  The mini 3 comes bare bones and yes, you'd be able to bind that controller to the mini 3, or random  mini 2.   Check youtube for pairing video/s.   (buying a new mini2 alone may cost you more than a used bundle)

This is useful and upgrading to the mini 3 sounds good but I have batteries, charger and a custom hard case all for the mini-2 that I literally just bought.  It seems strange they would sell the mini 3 without controller but not the mini 2.
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Doogmeister Posted at 5-23 08:27
Thanks for your reply but this was definitely pilot error

I use my drone for filming from my sailboat and it is inherently high-risk trying to land with limited room. This was my own fault but I'm learning...

Hi there, if the drone was bound to the DJI Care Refresh, you can use the Flyaway Coverage replacement service to get a drone replacement, the replacement fee will be $225. After the replacement, you can use the existing remote controller to fly the replaced drone. https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mini-2
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules