How to remove Mavic 3 prop mounting plate?
1612 5 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
upfromtheashes
lvl.1

United States

I damaged a prop and I'm trying to replace it, but the new prop won't "push down" far enough to be able to turn and lock it.
I've tried the replacement on other arms and tried swapping other props to the arm in question, and none of them allow enough push-down to install the prop.
This leads me to believe there's some debris or something inside the prop base.
In past models of Mavic, the prop base plates had 3 little screw you could unscrew in order to remove the prop base plate and get into the mount so as to remove debris, but there are no mounting screws on the Mavic 3 base plate.  
Anyone know how to remove the prop mount plate on a Mavic 3?  Thanks.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there upfromtheashes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing this issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best fix for this issue. Thank you.
2022-6-2
Use props
upfromtheashes
lvl.1

United States

I apologize, but I'm not able to record a video while holding a camera in one hand because I'd need both hands to demonstrate.
I've made a photo showing several older models of DJI drone prop mount plates and as you can see, the other models have 2-3 screws on top which you use to remove the mount base plate.
I believe that some debris is under my prop mount base plate on my Mavic 3 but I am unable to figure out how to remove the plate in order to examine.  There are no screws.
mavic3plate.jpg
2022-6-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

upfromtheashes Posted at 6-8 13:43
I apologize, but I'm not able to record a video while holding a camera in one hand because I'd need both hands to demonstrate.
I've made a photo showing several older models of DJI drone prop mount plates and as you can see, the other models have 2-3 screws on top which you use to remove the mount base plate.
I believe that some debris is under my prop mount base plate on my Mavic 3 but I am unable to figure out how to remove the plate in order to examine.  There are no screws.

You can't remove that 'plate'. It is the top side of the motor external casing.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hey Upfromtheashes,

You may want to use a drone landing pad for launching / landing to prevent these. If you launch from the bare ground , you can get a lot of dirt sucked into those holes as well as get particles of it onto your camera and other parts. Maybe try a vacuum cleaner, not sure if it's recommended by DJI though...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the motor turn freely?
Was there any difficulty in removing the damaged prop?
Where the props mounting lugs all complete and attached to the prop?
If the motors turns freely, turn the drone upside down and put the nozzle of a running vacuum cleaner to the top of the motor and turn the motor and see if you can suck anything out of the motor.
2022-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules