1220 18 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

HLG / HDR footage chasing waterfalls in the Austrian Alps with my Mavic 3 Cine.

Settings: 5K 50, 4K 120, ProRes 422 HQ, HLG
Post Production: FCPX, Color Finale 2 Pro, Neat Video, exported as BT.2020 HLG & ProRes 422 @ 4K 30.
Soundtrack: ANBR - Life (Artlist)

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/c.oberschneider

2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there oberschneider.com. Good day and thank you for posting this amazing video that you have filmed. The waterfalls looks wonderful from the air. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-6-9
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

Very nice! Out of curiosity, I’ve always kept my frame rates even so to speak (if in a 30 timeline, I use a possible combination of 30, 60 and 120 frame rates). Does FCPX simply adjust the 50 into the 30 timeline?
2022-6-9
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Vtcats Posted at 6-9 02:08
Very nice! Out of curiosity, I’ve always kept my frame rates even so to speak (if in a 30 timeline, I use a possible combination of 30, 60 and 120 frame rates). Does FCPX simply adjust the 50 into the 30 timeline?

That's a great question. I wasn't planning to use shots with different frame rates for the same video, but had all the footage and just wanted to create something out of it, so I just went for it - and it worked. There's also a way to blend frames in FCPX when slowing down a clip, that may have helped as well.
2022-6-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Spectacular footage. Very nice Job. FCPX did great
2022-6-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent footage.    Nice choice in background music.
2022-6-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely video, thank you for sharing!
2022-6-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hey Oberschneider, great footage, love the perspective, camera movements, use of slo mo and tender use of zoom. It's great that you found one location and used all kinds of perspectives to get this work done, without even needing to get shots from multiple locations or locations near by!. Great work in post too!! Great video as always. !!!
2022-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bravo great job. Loving this.
2022-6-9
Use props
TeddyBozeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely beautiful! I struggled making my first HLG video this past week, not knowing how it would actually show on Youtube for SDR screens, but this looks fantastic!
2022-6-9
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 6-9 02:18
That's a great question. I wasn't planning to use shots with different frame rates for the same video, but had all the footage and just wanted to create something out of it, so I just went for it - and it worked. There's also a way to blend frames in FCPX when slowing down a clip, that may have helped as well.

Thanks. Now I feel bad about my recent purchase of Davinci! Haha. I’m still learning it so hopefully it can do the same
2022-6-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 6-9 15:05
Thanks. Now I feel bad about my recent purchase of Davinci! Haha. I’m still learning it so hopefully it can do the same

Hey Vtcats,
             Davinci Resolve is very powerful video editing software, I believe it can do the same. Both enthusiasts and professionals use Resolve. Pretty sure it would give you everything you would need for video editing / HDR workflows, etc. Final Cut Pro X seems to be loved by people on Macs, but I heard even Mac users use Resolve as well.  

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-9
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

Mzp Posted at 6-9 16:42
Hey Vtcats,
             Davinci Resolve is very powerful video editing software, I believe it can do the same. Both enthusiasts and professionals use Resolve. Pretty sure it would give you everything you would need for video editing / HDR workflows, etc. Final Cut Pro X seems to be loved by people on Macs, but I heard even Mac users use Resolve as well.  

That good to hear. I was only using basic programs for video editing like iMovie and LumaFusion, but found myself wanting more (or better) control of lighting and color the way I have when editing raw images using Capture One.
2022-6-10
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 6-10 01:39
That good to hear. I was only using basic programs for video editing like iMovie and LumaFusion, but found myself wanting more (or better) control of lighting and color the way I have when editing raw images using Capture One.

Sure, imho it should suite your needs. Not in any way trying to diminish Oberschneider's talent in flying / filming / post work, I just meant that Davinci Resolve has similar features of Final Cut Pro X and would allow using the similar functions that Oberschneider mentioned in Resolve as well...
2022-6-10
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Splendid video.
2022-6-10
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Vtcats Posted at 6-10 01:39
That good to hear. I was only using basic programs for video editing like iMovie and LumaFusion, but found myself wanting more (or better) control of lighting and color the way I have when editing raw images using Capture One.

As far as I know, Resolve has the more powerful tools when it comes to color grading compared to FCPX.  But the big advantage of FCPX is (in my opinion) that it's easy to learn! I started with iMovie a long time ago, then upgraded to FCPX and found that the basic workflow is quite similar. I tried After Effects but was horrified by the user interface, and for me personally, Resolve is quite similar in that regard.
2022-6-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12584416 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant.
2022-6-10
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14068337 ft
Sweden

Beautiful and  nice video indeed. Enjoyed it very much. Amassing what you can do with the Mavic 3, if you know how.
2022-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had a pleasant second watch
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now