Theory on range issues overheating during update affects VTX?
938 5 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

In this video provided by a FPV pilot that has put together his own drones, he has a theory about the bad range "some" seem to be getting. If you go to 2.30 he is saying that during firmware updates because they can take so long and the drone can get quite hot that some of the components (VTX? chip) are getting heat damage and therefore not providing optimum range afterwards. He used a fan to cool his drone when doing updates. Is just a theory supported by many accounts this drone does get hot when on and not fan cooled and fact range issues doesn't seem to affect everybody. I have no idea if this is a valid cause or not but the experts here will have a view. Anybody having range issues that have religiously fan cooled the drone during firmware updates? I know I got a real shock how hot my Mini 1 got when I first updated it's firmware and fan cooled after that. Interestingly he also said DJI were going to have a fan in the drone but final weight meant they couldn't...

2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information and this interesting video that you have found. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-6-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

not going to watch that
2022-6-13
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 6-13 20:04
not going to watch that

Lol I'm not sure how much basis in fact it has but he did have experience with chips in FPV drones getting damaged in same way... who knows...
2022-6-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting theory
2022-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain