Hand Catching issue with new firmware
504 8 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

Has anyone done this yet? I have always done this with all my take offs and more importantly landing (most of the time where I use it there is never a good spot to land). I have been doing it with the Mavic 3 since I purchased a few months ago. The way I was doing it was lower the Mavic till it sees my hand (and it stops), then lower the stick again and it descends  into my hand and it shuts off while holding the left stick down. With the new firmware it will lower till it sees my hand,  it then it will NOT Lower again into my hand. I’ve tried it numerous ways and nothing works. Ultimately I kind of come up from behind it and grab it, which is not preferred as it fights hard and take much longer to shut off.
Has anyone else tried hand landing/catching on the new firmware yet? Any ideas? I didn’t check, but will in a minute if it’s now possible to shut off the bottom sensors. I know you couldn’t do that previously.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you in bypass mode ?
2022-6-15
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

No, I have it set to stop.
2022-6-15
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

I’m hoping I just wasn’t continuously holding down the stick as I believe I was previously doing.
2022-6-15
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I’ve had no trouble at all with landing the Mavic 3 into my hand so I don’t know what the issue could be with yours but hope you find out.
2022-6-15
Use props
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

I just grab it when its close enough and either hold sticks to emergency stop, or just grab and flip it over and it shuts off immediately.  need to be in sport mode so it doesnt fly away from you
2022-6-15
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
United States

Well I partially figured it out. I seems like a timing issue. I guess I wasn’t waiting for it to see my hand entirely.
It may work multiple ways,  but hovering it to just about head level, then putting your hand under, it will then raise somewhat, then hold down the stick while not moving your hand and it I’ll land and then shut off.
I think the first issue I had was I was on a moving boat and my hand did not stay under it so it would not come down further and land. I believe if I could have kept my hand stationary (but stationary under the mavic, meaning move counter the boat movement), it would have landed). But too many things were moving and I kept trying to lower the stick. Second time I tried on land and I was again not waiting for it to recognize my hand (meaning move my hand under the sensor, it will go up some, then hold the stick down).
Went out again a little bit ago and made sure to do as described (tried maybe 5 or 6 times). Bring it down to just above head level and let it hover, move my hand below it so it moves up some, then while keeping my hand stationary, hold the stick down and it landed no problem.
I believe all my confusion was caused by all the movement going on while on the boat.
2022-6-15
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-15 10:39
Well I’ve had no trouble at all with landing the Mavic 3 into my hand so I don’t know what the issue could be with yours but hope you find out.

+1 .......
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vtcats. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that it DJI does not recommended hand catching your DJI Mavic 3 or any DJI drone for safety purposes. Please do not stop the drone by hand, it could be dangerous and please land the DJI drone and stop the motors by sticks, or use the auto landing function if possible. Thank you.
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules