Can NOT playback the MP4 on my PC
6091 8 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

At first I want to watch what I shot with my Mini 3 on my TV. Even though I fly with the DJI RC and I can connect the RC to my smart TV but still can NOT view what I see on the RC on the connected TV (Samsung Series 7...).

So the next thing I can think of is using the "Screen Mirroring" on my iPhone. I then install the DJI Fly onto my iPhone and of course in order to see the file I have to turn on the Mini 3 and connected to my iPhone. This works fine but I hate to keep the Mini 3 on because of the heat issue which prompt me to place the Mini 3 in front of the AC for cooling.

Next I decided to get the lightening to SD card reader so that I can download the file from the Mini 3 to my iPhone by pulling out the card thus no need to leave the Mini 3 turned on.

I bought 2  lightening to SD card readers, one of which is the knock off at $8.00 and the Apple one at $30.00. Well,.... neither work except the still photos. Once I click import, the progress wheel will keep spinning up to about 25% then stop there and moment later the RED exclamation mark shows up. I tired to do it 1 clip at a time as well as several clips at a time, still no go. I decide to return the 2 adapters but Amazon would NOT accept the real Apple one for refund but in stead connected me to an Apple rep to see if the unit is actually defective. I ended up with the Apple top tier tech support after the first one couldn't figure out the problem. I told her what was not working and she said that she could help. About 5 minutes later, she decided to ask me if she can use the "Screen Mirror" on my iPhone so that she could see exactly what happened. She promised that she could only use her cursor to move around my screen to guide me BUT she wouldn't be able to execute anything. We spent a good 1/2 hours doing: Wi-Fi reset, system screen refresh, disable cellular data, check the cloud storage integrity, flush the default Import folder and redirect to the new Test folder, etc. NO GO!!! No choice so she had to create the so called "Open case ticket" which I can show to Amazon to get my refund.

Now, I copy the SD card from my Mini 3 onto my solid state flash drive to see if I can play the video back on my PC. Again, it will only playback the MOV file but the MP4 ones are blackout!

Next I use the SD card adapter (the one that you can insert the micro one into it) plugged directly onto my PC USB port, still no go either. I then tried with my new laptop but to no avail.

Next, I copy the files to my PC hard drive, still the same result i.e. playable only the MOV format ones.

Lastly, I connect my Mini 3 to my PC with the USB to C cable and ......SAME result!!

Whenever, I clicked to play the MP4 file, it would freeze and the error says, "Server execution failed".

Also some members mentioned that my display/system can NOT handle the 4K video, which is not the case.

Someone suggested that I should turn the Cine Mode OFF which did NOT solve the problems.

Again, all I want is to be able to watch my clips on TV without leaving the Mini 3 turned on in front of my AC all the time.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2022-6-20
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
United States

Here are the error messages: The second message was when I tried to download the file from the Mini 3 to my iPhone through DJI Fly App wirelessly.
IMG_6726.jpg
IMG_6825.jpg
2022-6-20
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

H264 and 10bit doesnt seem to play natively on windows (10 and 11).  I have had better experience with h265.  I have used videoproc to convert h264 to h265 and then they play or can be imported into davinci resolve free version.  Videoproc is free upto 5 minutes so if you keep your recordings short you will never have to pay for it.  I bought as I found a discount code which gave me a good price.  
2022-6-20
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

tanasit wrote:  Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I offer the following steps as a suggestion to your issue(s):

1.        Ensure you microSD card is one of those listed in the DJI Mini 3 Pro User Manual (v1.0 2022.05) on page 69.
2.        When you are ready to fly and you have gone thru your Pre-flight checklist, before take-off, do the following steps:
3.        In the DJI Fly app on your DJI RC Controller, under Camera, select:
a.        Format: MP4 or MOV (Choose either one)
b.        Color: Normal
c.        Coding Format: H.264 <- very important for this test!
d.        Storage: SD Card (If necessary, choose “Format” the microSD Card, then Select “SD Card”)
4.        Once you are back on the Main Screen in the DJI FLY app, in the lower-right corner, select:
a.        AUTO
b.        4K30 <- very important for this test!
5.        Choose the “Video” icon, and press the “Record” button

After recording a short video, load the file from the microSD card onto your PC or TV and see if you can view it.

I have found I cannot use H.265 or 4K60fps on my older iMac.  If I do, the video playback will stutter and/or jitter and is not usable.
2022-6-20
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

K9JDN Posted at 6-20 09:12

1.        Ensure you microSD card is one of those listed in the DJI Mini 3 Pro User Manual (v1.0 2022.05) on page 69.

I just get a blank screen
2022-6-20
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
United States

K9JDN Posted at 6-20 09:12
tanasit wrote:  Any suggestion will be appreciated.

The first 3 steps you suggested, I made sure of it before I started the test on my Windows 10 PC.
Here are the results of my tests.
I took the video with about 30 seconds in length using all 8 combinations:

MP4, Normal, 264
MP4, D-Cine , 264
MP4, Normal, 265
MP4, D-Cine, 265
MOV, Normal, 264
MOV, D-Cine, 264
MOV, Normal, 265
MOV. D-Cine, 265

At first, it seemed like the one with D-Cine setting wouldn’t work regardless of the other 2 settings (MOV/MP4: 264/265). I would get either black screen or error message as before (server execution failed).

Note that I opened the above files with default Windows Media Player.

Next, I forced open the MP4 files with other program which is the VLC Media Player and ALL works fine.
As for the MOV file, it automatically opened with the VLC Media Player which worked fine and if I opened it with the Windows Media player, it still worked fine too.
Note also that, with longer files sometime I had to wait for buffering before it will play. And if I tried to open more than 1 files at a time, it would freeze.

Thanks

2022-6-20
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

tanasit Posted at 6-20 15:59
The first 3 steps you suggested, I made sure of it before I started the test on my Windows 10 PC.
Here are the results of my tests.
I took the video with about 30 seconds in length using all 8 combinations:

Did you record in 4K30fps or 4K60fps?
2022-6-20
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
United States

K9JDN Posted at 6-20 20:15
Did you record in 4K30fps or 4K60fps?

All at 4K30 like you said.