New owner questions
496 5 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I’ve just received and started to fly my mini 3 pro after almost 12 months of flying a dji fpv.

I have a couple of questions regarding the home point and the dji rc.

1. Is it possible to have the home point display on the screen in a similar way to the dji fpv goggles?

2. How do I go about using the dji rc with my phone out in the field? I believe it needs this connectivity to update the maps and I’m assuming I do this via a Wi-Fi hotspot and ignore the prompt to disable Wi-Fi.

Finally has anyone got any recommendations for ND filters in the uk? Flying in the sun makes it impossible to achieve the shutter speed needed without them.
2022-6-27
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

1. No
2. Yes via hotspot. If the maps are loaded for your area, you can switch wifi of or simply keep it on.

For the ND filters it is not that easy, but i would recommend those from Freewell.
Have look here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267327
2022-6-27
Use props
ToasterZapper
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 6-27 06:25
1. No
2. Yes via hotspot. If the maps are loaded for your area, you can switch wifi of or simply keep it on.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ToasterZapper. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that you will be needing internet connection when unlocking a Geozones, pre-load map and update the firmware of your DJI RC. In addition, you may try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see the availability of the DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters and I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.
2022-6-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

with a non-fpv dji rc, you can tell where you homepoint is located by looking at the map on the screen.   plus i think you can see a line showing you the path back.
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 6-27 19:06
with a non-fpv dji rc, you can tell where you homepoint is located by looking at the map on the screen.   plus i think you can see a line showing you the path back.

I think he meant like a pin on the actual map if you went to map view

No need for ND filters in my view after many years of owning many drones
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules