Restricted Zone - What if i LIVE in them ?
2346 8 2022-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
{LegolasDYD
New

Italy

Hello,
Good Day all!
First of all, forgive my bad English, i hope i can explain myself well!
And, forgive me if this is the wrong section to post this issue.
I just bought DJI Mini 3 Pro, and it's fantastic!
I tried it into the wild and first flight was awesome!

But now, i had an issue: in Italy, i live in a country house, with a big indoor space. But, all the surroundings are near an airport (not a great airport, a little airport for little aircraft for geographic surveys - but, still, a no-fly zone).

So, i have a big INDOOR SPACE. I have plenty of closed space (like 30mtx30mt and plenty of height, since it is like a big barn - it's like 5 or 6 mt in height, enough to practice).  But still, i can't practice with my drone because is a no fly zone and i cant'even take off.
Do i miss something (an option, a fly mode, or something that allow me to fly indoor) OR since is a red zone i am not allowed to fly at all, EVEN indoor?

Thank you for your replies.
Davide
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there any way you could get written permission from the relevant bodies, not sure if its ATC or the tower and then you could get it unlocked to fly
2022-7-2
Use props
{LegolasDYD
New

Italy

Bashy Posted at 7-2 01:11
Is there any way you could get written permission from the relevant bodies, not sure if its ATC or the tower and then you could get it unlocked to fly

thank for your reply..lets see if i got it right...are you saying that i must ask to the Italy flight control function? (there is something like that? i do not even know where to start )
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Email flysafe@dji.com they have been known to do yearly unlocks with a height restriction.     Of course if you take off without GPS lock you can fly inside.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I live in a FRZ in the UK, I have n't yet been turned down when I phone them and ask permission. Its a helicopter factory and it has a grass runway and control tower, they are always thankfull that I contacted them.

Maybe contact your control tower and discuss with them in Italy. Good luck.
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

{LegolasDYD Posted at 7-2 01:14
thank for your reply..lets see if i got it right...are you saying that i must ask to the Italy flight control function? (there is something like that? i do not even know where to start )

How about looking up the details of the airfield and speaking to them?

See DAFlys reply too as that might be a better place to start.
2022-7-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Check the drone regulations in your country.
If you are legally allowed to fly, then you can ask DJI for an unlock by clicking on "Unlock a Zone" in this page:

https://www.dji.com/ca/flysafe

2022-7-2
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

I also was locked out since my flying field is next to the international airport.
So what I did is follow the DJI Flysafe guide, by following the above post link  (  https://www.dji.com/ca/flysafe  ), click "UNLOCK A ZONE" on the bottom of the page.
Register and follow the instruction. I filled out the information and waited for the approval ( a day or two) and go to DJI FLY App. Choose Unlock...follow the on screen instruction..ect.

You have to do the unlocking process every time though. But no need for the following flight after the battery change.
Note it requires the internet connection, so I have to use my iPhone as a hot spot by connecting it to the DJI RC via Bluetooth.

I use the steps below to start my flying session:

DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI RC and iPhone Connection Guide.

This is for at the field without Wi-Fi signal, so the iPhone will be used as the “Hot Spot”.

1.        Turn on iPhone
2.        Turn on DJI RC

From RC Home page press:
Camera view then press “…” (top right)
Set up Bluetooth
Turn on Bluetooth
Pair new device
Select iPhone

Set up Wi-Fi
Turn on Wi-Fi

3.        Turn on Mini 3

Connect mini 3 to iPhone on Bluetooth
Both Mini 3 and RC should be connected to the iPhone by Bluetooth now.

On RC go to setting and select unlock Geo Zone (scroll down on Safety tab)
Select aircraft and locking license and refresh
It should say “valid”

Take off and follow screen prompt:
Check all boxes
Click OK, OK

Fly out to open area, stop
Update home point (set up, safety)
2022-7-2
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

tanasit Posted at 7-2 09:58
I also was locked out since my flying field is next to the international airport.
So what I did is follow the DJI Flysafe guide, by following the above post link  (  https://www.dji.com/ca/flysafe  ), click "UNLOCK A ZONE" on the bottom of the page.
Register and follow the instruction. I filled out the information and waited for the approval ( a day or two) and go to DJI FLY App. Choose Unlock...follow the on screen instruction..ect.

By doing that, your are self certifying to DJI that you have applied for, and obtained, permission to fly in that area.

DJI only unlocks the geo-zone, it doesn't grant you permission.
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules