Accessing Mavic 3 internal storage?
7088 7 2022-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Digital Skies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 313589 ft
United States

I have some shots that I took using the 8gb of internal storage on the Mavic 3, so I brought the drone home, powered it on, connected it to the controller, plugged the drone into my mac mini via USB-C, and nothing comes up on my computer. Not in finder, not on the desktop, nothing. Any ideas on how I'm supposed to access this storage? Am I missing something?
2022-7-8
Use props
Digital Skies
lvl.4
United States

I've also tried connecting the standard controller to my phone and downloading the files there, but when I try to download the files a message pops up and says "Unable to download videos in 5K or higher. Connect to computer to export"
2022-7-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Digital Skies Posted at 7-8 08:21
I've also tried connecting the standard controller to my phone and downloading the files there, but when I try to download the files a message pops up and says "Unable to download videos in 5K or higher. Connect to computer to export"

Hi Digital Skies,

You can try switching the drone to USB mode in DJI Fly app, it is a toggle in Camera tab or might be another tab close to the bottom of the list of choices, just one thing after file transfer is done,  don't forget to switch the USB mode to off as it turns off the video feed to controller.  Also I think you don't need to connect your drone to the controller, if you just power it on and connect to your PC / Mac , it should recognize your internal storage as an external USB drive. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Digital Skies. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum regarding the concern. I'm sorry to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Mavic 3. May we confirm if you tried to connect the DJI Mavic 3 to a different computer or used a different USB cable for us to isolate and check?
2022-7-8
Use props
Digital Skies
lvl.4
United States

I figured out the problem.

I was using a USB-C to USB-C cord and connecting the drone to the thunderbolt port on my M1 Mac Mini. I guess the thunderbolt port wasn't identifying the drone storage. I switched to a USB-C to USB-A cord and plugged it into the regular USB-A port on the computer and it all works fine.
2022-7-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 2022-7-8 08:56
Hi Digital Skies,

You can try switching the drone to USB mode in DJI Fly app, it is a toggle in Camera tab or might be another tab close to the bottom of the list of choices, just one thing after file transfer is done,  don't forget to switch the USB mode to off as it turns off the video feed to controller.  Also I think you don't need to connect your drone to the controller, if you just power it on and connect to your PC / Mac , it should recognize your internal storage as an external USB drive. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately for me, when I connect it to my pc, it disconnects and then reconnects over and over and over. And i've tried type A to type C cables, C to C cables, and different ports on my desktop. And for the times it stays connected it says "the drive cannot find the sector requested" when I try to open the folder that has the media files in it. Any Help?
2023-7-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AndyP. Posted at 7-6 20:50
Unfortunately for me, when I connect it to my pc, it disconnects and then reconnects over and over and over. And i've tried type A to type C cables, C to C cables, and different ports on my desktop. And for the times it stays connected it says "the drive cannot find the sector requested" when I try to open the folder that has the media files in it. Any Help?

Hi Andy,

Do you happen to have another computer to try connecting to it, to rule out the issue on the PC end. Also I think you already mentioned, you can try another cable, but it seems you already tried it. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
2023-7-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 7-7 10:00
Hi Andy,

Do you happen to have another computer to try connecting to it, to rule out the issue on the PC end. Also I think you already mentioned, you can try another cable, but it seems you already tried it. Hope this helps.

yeah i already tried that
2023-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules