Yaw not functioning in C and S mode
1280 15 2022-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanadianBear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8970 ft
United States

Any idea why the Yaw function is only working in S mode?

Mini 3 Pro. New user

Thank you
2022-7-12
Use props
CanadianBear
lvl.1
United States

Sorry. I meant not working in C and N modes
2022-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check in the Fly App if you have Sideways Flight disabled.  Should be in Safety Tab.  
2022-7-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 04:55
Check in the Fly App if you have Sideways Flight disabled.  Should be in Safety Tab.

good to check, but sideways flight is for roll not yaw.
Mayby OP meant roll not yaw.
2022-7-13
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

There is a setting for maximum yaw rates for each flight mode.  Perhaps the system lets you set this to zero?
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-13 05:35

Thanks for the correction JJB*  I guess I assumed roll.  
2022-7-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 04:55

Could be but sideways is not Yaw...... Check the Yaw settings in the App they can be changed for each of C N AND S
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-13 08:30
Could be but sideways is not Yaw...... Check the Yaw settings in the App they can be changed for each of C N AND S

Yeah, JJB* beat you to the comment by 2 hours.  Guess you didn't read down through the thread before replying.  No probs, have a good day.
2022-7-13
Use props
CanadianBear
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-13 05:35

Now the right stick (in mode 2] is mostly unresponsive. I have reset the RC to factory default and even selected Mode 1 and then back to Mode 2. No change. It looks like a defective RC unit.

Thanks for reaching out all.
2022-7-13
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

CanadianBear Posted at 7-13 14:43
Now the right stick (in mode 2] is mostly unresponsive. I have reset the RC to factory default and even selected Mode 1 and then back to Mode 2. No change. It looks like a defective RC unit.

Not a defective controller, I noticed this issue in the beginning. It happened to me a few times.
2022-7-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it is tight stick in mode 2 that is sideways flight and is the thing that is disabled if you set avoidance to bypass. Check you settings. I doubt it is a defective controller
2022-7-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

if you perform a stick calibration check, you will see the actions on the screen moving sticks in any direction.
2022-7-14
Use props
CanadianBear
lvl.1
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-13 20:45
Not a defective controller, I noticed this issue in the beginning. It happened to me a few times.

Yes. Now it is working. DJI support said I should send it in for testing. They even sent a shipping label. Not sure I want to send it back in the prime of flying season though.
2022-7-16
Use props
CanadianBear
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-14 00:39
if you perform a stick calibration check, you will see the actions on the screen moving sticks in any direction.

DJI support had me do that. Based on the calibration not returning a “completed” message, they determined that the controller is defective. I am not convinced that is correct though. They sent a shipping label to send it back. In prime flying season I am not sure I want to be without for 2 or 3 weeks.
2022-7-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

CanadianBear Posted at 7-16 05:57
DJI support had me do that. Based on the calibration not returning a “completed” message, they determined that the controller is defective. I am not convinced that is correct though. They sent a shipping label to send it back. In prime flying season I am not sure I want to be without for 2 or 3 weeks.

oke, if the stick calibration does not finish wit a OKE than most likely a faulty RC.

If the issue is erratic...someday it will work fine, next day  @#*!#%*!

cheers
JJB
2022-7-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Had very similar thing happen where NO Yaw to left at all!  Turned out it was because I was on edge of Geo Zone, and someone here told me to check things about 20 feet away from where I experienced the problem, I did, and all worked well and since.  Worth while to try?
***Note:  I also tried just about everything you have. ***
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules