Request for separate strength ND for main and telelens
488 8 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JACOB1995GGG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1503822 ft
Denmark

Hello, I've been enjoying filming with the telelens ever since the manual settings update.

I've come to realize another hurdle when using ND filters and trying to maintain 180 degree shutter angle on both cameras.

The huge difference in sensor size makes it really hard to use the same ND filter for both cameras, unless using normal color profile and aperture around F10.

It's impossible to use D-log with native ISO400 and then fx. ND64 for the main camera, and still have it fit for the telelens, which in these conditions probably only needs a ND4 or 8.

My request is to either get ND filters that are different strength's for each lens or to give us d-log for the telephoto camera.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Btw does anyone know a way to change Camera settings (shutter/aperture/iso) with buttons and wheel instead of inside the submenu in the app?

BR
Jacob
Screenshot_2022-07-18-09-24-20-94_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
2022-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want different 'darknesses' in front of each lens how would you suggest they manufacture them?
I can think of 3 methods.
1) One filter of NDx then the other filter of NDa or NDb or NDc or NDd or............ pre-mounted in a housing that is similar to the existing one but that would lead to the need to manufacture a vast range of filters of high price.
2) Glass built in to the filter housing for one camera then removable glass for the other camera, removable glass is a common feature with 'proper' camera filters e.g. Lee filters, but I can imagine it being difficult to change the glass with the filter housing fitted to the camera and, due to the probable small size, tricky with the filter housing removed from the camera.
3) Two completely separate filters each in their own housings, but how would you mount them?
2022-7-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jacob. Good day and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-7-18
Use props
JACOB1995GGG
lvl.1
Denmark

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-18 01:16
If you want different 'darknesses' in front of each lens how would you suggest they manufacture them? I can think of 3 methods.
1) One filter of NDx then the other filter of NDa or NDb or NDc or NDd or............ pre-mounted in a housing that is similar to the existing one but that would lead to the need to manufacture a vast range of filters of high price.
2) Glass built in to the filter housing for one camera then removable glass for the other camera, removable glass is a common feature with 'proper' camera filters e.g. Lee filters, but I can imagine it being difficult to change the glass with the filter housing fitted to the camera and, due to the probable small size, tricky with the filter housing removed from the camera.
This is the backside of the DJI filters. To me it looks like the filter is glued onto the frame.

The way I see it, you could approach it in two ways and both would be more expensive than the current one yes. (But IMO worth it):

You could have two separate pieces of glass and glue them on with the available space from the current frame. Fx. Nd 4 for tele and 32 for main or  ND8 for tele and 64 for main.

You could use a single gradient filter (of course with the correct strengths as listed before), and mount exactly as DJI is currently doing it.

Just my two cents. I would happily pay more for this feature.

BR
Jacob
IMG20220718144453.jpg
IMG20220718144932.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-18-14-55-08-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
2022-7-18
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Jacob, to your question regarding a way to change camera settings (shutter / aperture / iso) with buttons, yes it's possible, but only if you have RC Pro I believe. There is a button customization menu I think under Camera sub menu where you can assign to buttons and wheels different camera functions, I believe including shutter / aperture / iso. Imho this is only available on RC Pro and on regular RC you won't have this option. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.
2022-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JACOB1995GGG Posted at 7-18 04:57
This is the backside of the DJI filters. To me it looks like the filter is glued onto the frame.

The way I see it, you could approach it in two ways and both would be more expensive than the current one yes. (But IMO worth it):

You post makes me think my 2) might be feasible, with the smaller filter being removable, bedded on/in a thin 'rubber' seat  and held in by a clip-in mask.
I forgot about Cokin filters ooops.
2022-7-18
Use props
JACOB1995GGG
lvl.1
Denmark

Mzp Posted at 7-18 06:44
Hi Jacob, to your question regarding a way to change camera settings (shutter / aperture / iso) with buttons, yes it's possible, but only if you have RC Pro I believe. There is a button customization menu I think under Camera sub menu where you can assign to buttons and wheels different camera functions, I believe including shutter / aperture / iso. Imho this is only available on RC Pro and on regular RC you won't have this option. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I was afraid it was only on the RC pro.

Any idea if it will be available on the DJI RC with the extra buttons it has? (Built in screen RC)

I'm so used to flying inspire 2 with all the controls at your fingertips.
2022-7-18
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JACOB1995GGG Posted at 7-18 07:52
Thanks for the heads up Mike, I was afraid it was only on the RC pro.

Any idea if it will be available on the DJI RC with the extra buttons it has? (Built in screen RC)

Nw Jacob. I hear you. Sorry I have not heard about DJI RC getting this function, I am actually using RC Pro for all my drones. Maybe DJI folks could chime in.

Hi DJI Folks,

Are you guys planning to add button customization feature for DJI RC that comes with Mini 3 Pro to use with Mavic 3 as it's compatible with Mavic 3 now.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JACOB1995GGG Posted at 7-18 07:52
Thanks for the heads up Mike, I was afraid it was only on the RC pro.

Any idea if it will be available on the DJI RC with the extra buttons it has? (Built in screen RC)

It is available on both RC Pro and dji RC and dedicated button is possible, but not on standard remote.

Im not sure any manufacturers will offer two filters on one frame, but  surely its  possible to just use the correct filter for the camera you are using. I would imagine  that no matter what combination you use it will never be exact and you might still end up having to chop and change all of the time.
2022-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules