scary moments
528 5 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregSE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30257139 ft
Canada

HI, I am a newbie with almost 50 hours of flying drones....( about 15 hours with my new Mini 3 Pro) Can you please help me solving this mystery. Display is my tablet not connected to the internet so whenever app asks me to unlock "Authorization zone" I switch to my phone, unlock the app, then connect remote back to the tablet. This time I must have skipped that (I think) and before app asked to unlock I already "started the engines". The scary moments began when I wanted to RTH but I couldn't ! There was no wind and even in S mode and at full speed my drone barely moved - the ONLY moves were up and down. I managed to walk directly below the drone and caught it by hand. But what if this happened in the middle of a river? Also fortunately I had enough battery to play with it. I still don't know what happened!

Gregory
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would advise uploading your flightlog and posting the URL link to it here so that Labroides and JJB* and others can take a look and perhaps advise, suspect its related to the zone though... go here and follow the instructions, any isses reply back here https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2022-7-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This could be a recent problem with control updates in the app. I had a similar problem with my M3 not responding to RTH or landing. I thought it was just me....but I am not new to this.
2022-7-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Under certain versions of the app return to home does not work if you are very close to the home point.

Also did you wait till the home point was set before you took off
If the geozone wasn't not unlocked it would not have allowed the motors to start

2022-7-20
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

what was the procentage of battery left? Below 10%?
2022-7-20
Use props
GregSE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30257139 ft
Canada

thank you everybody for fast reply, I attached screen shots to better understand the situation.
As for me it looked like unlocking the "Authorization Zone" expired during the flight.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules