Can't pair new Mini 3 PRO drone with controller. Need assistance.
4240 13 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfs
lvl.1
United States

Can't pair new Mini 3 PRO drone with controller. Need assistance.

2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Did you experience an error message on the app? Could you please confirm if you already run the activation? Can you please post a short video showing the issue for us to further isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-7-25
Use props
gfs
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-25 00:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Did you experience an error message on the app? Could you please confirm if you already run the activation? Can you please post a short video showing the issue for us to further isolate the problem? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I power up the controller then the drone. The screen comes up with the "Connection Guide" button in lower right corner. I press that and the lights flash red, yellow green.  then flash yellow. I press the Connection Guide and "search for aircraft ". Then "Unable to connect to aircraft".  That is as far as I get. I've tried to create a video clip but my phone can't handle over 25meg clip.
2022-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gfs@comporium.n Posted at 7-25 09:27
I power up the controller then the drone. The screen comes up with the "Connection Guide" button in lower right corner. I press that and the lights flash red, yellow green.  then flash yellow. I press the Connection Guide and "search for aircraft ". Then "Unable to connect to aircraft".  That is as far as I get. I've tried to create a video clip but my phone can't handle over 25meg clip.

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to relink the aircraft to the RC using the tutorial link below? Please start at 6:55 for you to have the tutorial on how to properly link the aircraft to the RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-7-29
Use props
gfs
lvl.1
United States

I have managed to PAIR the two and upgrade the firmware. Evidently, you can't pair the two if the controller is connected to my laptop via the usb port.
2022-7-29
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-29 05:44
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to relink the aircraft to the RC using the tutorial link below? Please start at 6:55 for you to have the tutorial on how to properly link the aircraft to the RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcvgTtaHP4

I cannot pair my new RC with the new drone either.
I have watched the video above, but when the linking process starts (indicated by a blue power indicator light on the RC and moving green lights on the drone) after about 8 beeps from the RC the power indicator light changes to red and after 1 minute I receive a "Pairing Timed Out" error message.
I have tried powering down and restating both RC and drone about 6 times now with no pairing success.
2022-12-31
Use props
Mat_R
New

Australia

-=Peter=- Posted at 2022-12-31 23:48
I have watched the video above, but when the linking process starts (indicated by a blue power indicator light on the RC and moving green lights on the drone) after about 8 beeps from the RC the power indicator light changes to red and after 1 minute I receive a "Pairing Timed Out" error message.
I have tried powering down and restating both RC and drone about 6 times now with no pairing success.

I have the exact issue and the same outcome as you do, the pairing process on the remote shifts from a blue indicator to a red indicator.

Annoying really as it is brand new and I can not even pair it.

The device updated the firmware on both the remote and the drone
2023-1-2
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

Can any of the DJI Support people help us with this issue?

I can use LINE to contact the DJI Support group here in Thailand, but I do not read and write Thai, so that avenue of communication does not work for me.
2023-1-2
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

Mat_R Posted at 1-2 00:57
I have the exact issue and the same outcome as you do, the pairing process on the remote shifts from a blue indicator to a red indicator.

Annoying really as it is brand new and I can not even pair it.

I also updated the firmware before attempting to pair.

Maybe a bug in the firmware?
2023-1-2
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

Still no help?
6 days now and no response.
Can any of the DJI Support people help us with this issue?
2023-1-3
Use props
Droneinitiative
lvl.1

United States

I experienced the same today with brand new Mini 3 Pro. Updated remote and aircraft when starting up for the first time, and after that aircraft unresponsive except for being able to power up. No pairing to RC and not able to enter pairing mode on aircraft. Trying to connect on PC only success with RC, aircraft unable. Seems like a faulty/bugged firmware upgrade....
2023-1-3
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

Today I downloaded and installed the DJI Assistant program on my laptop, logged on to my DJI account, and connected the RC to verify that the firmware was up to date, which it was.
But the DJI Assistant program could not connect to the drone.
I suspect that the firmware upgrade software for the drone is faulty.

Is it possible to download a previous version of the firmware, install it on the RC, then use the RC to install it on the drone?
If not, I have no other recourse but to return the whole package back to the vendor and request a working replacement or a full refund.

This has been a very disappointing and frustrating experience for me and my family at a time of year when we should have been celebrating and using the drone to capture family memories.
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

-=Peter=- Posted at 2022-12-31 23:48
I have watched the video above, but when the linking process starts (indicated by a blue power indicator light on the RC and moving green lights on the drone) after about 8 beeps from the RC the power indicator light changes to red and after 1 minute I receive a "Pairing Timed Out" error message.

Sorry for the late response and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Kindly please install the DJI Assistant 2 version on the link below and please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and RC then check if the issue persists. If the issue still persists, please provide us a short video showing the issue for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-1-5
Use props
-=Peter=-
lvl.1

Thailand

I gave up in the end.

I returned it to the shop as per DJI Support Thailand recommendation and am awaiting a replacement.

They too wanted a video of the pairing process and the error situation, after which they told me to send it back.
2023-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules