Battery storage
1267 3 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

I realize that the documentation says that you can store the batteries in the charging hub (not sure if it says you can leave a battery in the drone), but the batteries are supposed to self discharge a bit after a day, and more so after five days.  I have noticed that the batteries are not self discharging, or at least it's not indicating any level of discharge on the charging hub when I press the button on the hub.  

So, what are you all doing with your batteries?  Removing them from the hub and drone when not in use?  The case that I am using doesn't have enough room to pull the batteries out of the hub enough to disconnect them.  Seems like the batteries should be "intelligent" enough to know to self discharge regardless of where they are at the time.

Your thoughts?

(Edit: after re-reading the battery section of the manual, I realize that it's nine days before it self discharges to 60%, not five.  I believe my batteries have been in the charging hub for seven days undisturbed, so I'll give it a few more days and report back)
2022-7-24
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 7-24 17:12
The charging hub only has 4 leds for each battery.  It stands to reason that each dot would reperesent 25% of the capacity.  It would take a while to auto discharge that amont.  If you're really curious fully charge a battery, leave it in the hub for several days, then place it in the drone to get an exact percentage.

I will do that.  I edited my post above and corrected the number of days to 60% self discharge.  I will let you know in a few more days what happens.  The 60% level should be clearly indicated on the hub.
2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Battery has an Auto-Discharge Function to prevent swelling. The DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for nine days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery while it is discharging. Thank you.
2022-7-24
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-24 20:06
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Battery has an Auto-Discharge Function to prevent swelling. The DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for nine days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery while it is discharging. Thank you.

Does this action occur when the batteries are stored in the drone and in the charging hub as well?
2022-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules