connrctoon to phantom fails.
907 4 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smithmail6
New

United States

I can connect to my dji phantom 2 vision through wifi but when I go to the dji app and I tap on camera it loads and then says connection to phantom failed. I'm using an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.3 I can figure out what's wrong and o need help.
Thanks.
image.jpg
2015-8-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Here are a couple of things to try
Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
See if anymore the help

2015-8-7
Use props
ceilingtilemake
lvl.2

United States

I have a similar problem, mine will lose the connection and I have tried everything to get it to reconnect. I end up having to land and power cycle the drone which makes me lose the videos that I took durning that flight.
Really makes me mad. Never had a problem for 100's of flights. Out of the blue this just reared its ugly head.
2015-8-8
Use props
ceilingtilemake
lvl.2

United States

Just reset my gimbal settings back to the factory defaults and all works perfect now. I don't know why I changed anything...it was working perfect.
2015-8-24
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

ceilingtilemake Posted at 2015-8-9 06:19
I have a similar problem, mine will lose the connection and I have tried everything to get it to rec ...

You can save the videos from your previous shoot by going in the next time you have a connection and start the video camera. It will close the old file (which can be saved other ways as well) and start a new one. This will only work if you have not removed the SD card from the Phantom. Then turn the camera off, and everything should be all set for the next video. If the connection dies again, you will need to do it again the next time you power up.  Give it a shot. Reply if that doesn't work and I'll try to find the app that will fix the files for you (it is free). The files are simply not being closed properly, but when paired with a properly closed file, this app will close it the same way the good file is closed. You may lose a few seconds off the end, but the rest of the video should be saved.

Barney
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules